Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gray Headlight Linkage Covers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
356drb
Gray headlight linkage covers were found on some 1974 models. They seem to end around April 1974. Does anyone have an authentic car that has them built prior to January 1974?
Click to view attachment
JeffBowlsby
Hi Dr B, Many years ago I did a survey on which cars had the grey headlight covers. Here is what I found, as posted to my 914 Can Am website:

https://bowlsby.net/914/CanAm/

"Coincidentally overlapping with the 914 Porsche Limited Edition production time frame, during Spring of 1974, Porsche 914 cars were delivered with light grey headlight relay covers in the front trunk. A survey of Spring 1974 Porsche 914 cars, indicates that from March through at least part of May, all 914 Porsche cars were manufactured with the light grey covers. While not an exclusive feature to just the 914 LE cars, if the covers are original, it is another indication of the authenticity of a 914 LE car, and period-correct covers!"
356drb
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Jun 16 2020, 03:22 PM) *

Hi Dr B, Many years ago I did a survey on which cars had the grey headlight covers. Here is what I found, as posted to my 914 Can Am website:

https://bowlsby.net/914/CanAm/

"Coincidentally overlapping with the 914 Porsche Limited Edition production time frame, during Spring of 1974, Porsche 914 cars were delivered with light grey headlight relay covers in the front trunk. A survey of Spring 1974 Porsche 914 cars, indicates that from March through at least part of May, all 914 Porsche cars were manufactured with the light grey covers. While not an exclusive feature to just the 914 LE cars, if the covers are original, it is another indication of the authenticity of a 914 LE car, and period-correct covers!"

That helps, thanks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.