Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Alameda AX report
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nebreitling
good day today, excellent very long course, most of the times were well over 115 seconds. very fast front end, and a rather technical back end. lots of the tops of 3rd gear, but tight enough that a few turns had to be negotiated in 1st! very safe, btw.

so andrew blyholder was TTOD, at 102.xxx. next best scores were easily 4 seconds off or so! that car of andrew's is incredibly dialed in, and he really knows how to manouver it around. he has been consistently impressive all season.

i didn't catch birgit's times, but she was there, along with lyressa (just specatating sad.gif ) , and a few other 914 owners who i didn't properly meet.

i took Fm with a 107.8xx (IIRC), but the real story is grant. damned if he didn't make a hell of a standing w/ a 110.xxx. put a little power behind him and he'll be a contendender. great driving, grant.

n
grantsfo
Think we pretty much beat back the Boxster brigade today! biggrin.gif It was alot more fun joining you guys in FM rather than being alone in BX. I turned a 1:10.3. I thought I actually had a chance at your times after the AM runs. Problem was that I just didnt have anymore speed in the straights - too many full out 2nd to 3rd runs for a low power car to be competitive. Know how you get power oversteer in slow sections in a 1.8? Hang half of your car into the marbles as you exit a corner biggrin.gif

Andrew as usual was just awesome - incredible driving. Nathan was putting on an equally impressive show in his FM class car - beating many more capable cars. Good seeing Birgit out there too! Great overall showing of 914's today. Some new faces great to see everyone out having fun! Missed seeing Howard, Trekkor, Andy and Albert. Anthony was driving his 911 forgot to ask how he did.
Trekkor
Glad you had fun driving today.
My back is still pretty sore. I got up early as I had other plans for today. Pain!! I went back to bed and stayed there 'til noon. ohmy.gif

If I was free to a/x today, I'da bailed due to the soreness.

Who shot pics?
How many drivers competed?
How many runs?
Any fun runs?

See you at RR-PCA.

KT
Demick
I was planning on being there. Had my car packed, autox tires on and everything. Then, as usual, real life got in the way. Kid problems until almost 4am. I still would'a been there on 3 hrs sleep - but I had to stay home for 'daddy day care' as a result of the previous nights activities.

Maybe next time.

Demick
grantsfo
QUOTE (trekkor @ Jul 9 2005, 11:03 PM)
Who shot pics?
How many drivers competed?
How many runs?
Any fun runs?

See you at RR-PCA.

KT

Not sure who shot pics. My camera is broken.
Pretty sure there were at least 80-100 cars?
8 runs and not enough time for fun runs.

Cant make it to RR AX but will definitely be at the next Marina event.
anthony
My best time of the day was a 1:15.7XX in my stock 911SC. I thought that this course was hard to learn at first but great fun once I did get it memorized.
nebreitling
damn, anthony -- i forgot that you'd pulled a 115. that's great for an 'SC on street tires. sorry you had to bail demick -- priorities, priorities... you, howard, trekkor, andy et al were missed. john seidell was out there also and turned it on in the PM with a low 108.

i actually felt a little frustrated with my driving out there today. my car is dialed in quite nicely, engine is making obscene amounts of power (okay, for a /4) -- but my input could have been more refined and smooth. i'll 'take' my time, but i know i had a low 106 out there. my better times now are always when i'm more conservative, which is a good lesson for me...
anthony
Thanks. I was pretty happy with that time. It was my last run. The morning runs were disastrous for me until I worked the course and then watched on my break and got some key parts of course memorized. I think I could have done a 1:14 or 1:13 with more runs but I was happy with 1:15. It was faster than lots of cars with lots more horsepower and more rubber that should have been beating me.

grantsfo
QUOTE (nebreitling @ Jul 10 2005, 09:12 AM)

i actually felt a little frustrated with my driving out there today. my car is dialed in quite nicely, engine is making obscene amounts of power (okay, for a /4) -- but my input could have been more refined and smooth. i'll 'take' my time, but i know i had a low 106 out there. my better times now are always when i'm more conservative, which is a good lesson for me...

I dont think there were many people feeling happy about their runs. I was screwing up the last section by over shooting the corners and losing momentum - thats a real time killer in my car as I cant recover with power. John Siedel in the Purple 914 seemed to be having a hard time too - I dont think he set a real fast time until his last couple of runs.

Great course however. It really forced good car handling skills

My car is definitely handling better now that it is lowered and has more negative camber. Almost all the understeer is gone and transition response in slaloms is excellent. Overall the car allows me to dive deeper into corners and its very forgiving when I overcook a turn. I think with some power this car will be fast. I'd love to throw some real racing slicks on to see how it would handle.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.