Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need to get some touch up paint
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
olav
I need to touch up a few places on my Signal Orange car. Any suggestions where would be a good place to get paint from?

Some spots on my front hood there on the left by the bumper.

user posted image
Midtowner
I could use some too! smile.gif
dmenche914
whell you could have it mixed by teh paint code. Some auto paint store (but not all) might be able to cross reference, or you could take a part off you car (headlight cover, or the smaller part in front of the headlight) to the paint store, and have them scan it,a nd match to it. If you have an older paint job, that might have fadded, the scan match might give a closer match than going by just the number.

Try Santa Clara Color, or San Carlos Paint. i have had both these places match paint for me. (been many years since I was at Santa Clara, hope the is still around, they would be closer to you)

Any other good auto paint store ought to be able to scan and match. You got to decide on what type of paint. use a catalyzed emanel, it dries quick (less chance of dust sticking) and dries hard enought allow some color sanding to help blend it in.

have fun
Tom73
Was wondering the same myself and found this on line site: http://www.paintscratch.com/ Have not yet tried them but might be a possibility.

tom...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.