Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB : Good used windshield and chrome trim
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
partsman912
I need a good used original windshield and chrome trim for mt 73 2.0 Ravenna Green restoration . Near Zip code 21047 Maryland
76-914
Good luck with a used one. If you do find one hold it up while viewing a very bright sunset or sunrise. Most are so old that they're pitted and it will show up as milky white in bright light. IIRC, you are very close to ProSource glass and new aftermarket windshields are ~$200. OEM are ~$300ish. Or call Richard Trankle. He was with them for years before moving to another company Great guy to deal with. This is his cell from 2 years ago.978-790-4657
burton73
Do not bother with used glass just to try to save a couple of bucks. The sound of KLINK when you are moving it around is not really worth it. Plus, if you get a new one and get a good installer you will be happy. Windshield trim is very hard to ship without perfect packaging and a number of them from different sources end up bent and not perfect. Get a new one from AA or 914 rubber and you will be ahead at the end of the day and happy. Fresh new parts.

Bob B
nditiz1
I need a new front windshield too. I think there is a group buy if we can get 3 or more people. I'll need to find the link and one more person. Then we can have them drop shipped to Maryland.
partsman912
OK , Thanks for all of the responses .
MDTerp
I need a new windshield too. In case you haven’t ordered and still want to do a group buy and drop ship in Maryland, I would be in.
steuspeed
I'm looking for one too. Portland, OR.
G e o r g e
I went by a dealer shipped today, quoted me 6 to 8 weeks and $540 + the Government.

looks like I will be going Aftermarket
914LIVE
=================================

Good evening.

I have one still mounted on the concours/
showroom 914 that I parted out after it
was severely rear-ended.

It might be NEW. Everything else on the
car was new or like new.

Windshield in Portland, Oregon.

914LIVE

The Portland WINDSHIELD has been SOLD !!!

Thank you.

mepstein
Group buy is the way to go since it pretty much cost the same to ship 1 or 5.
rbzymek
I bought a Pilkington windshield and mirror pad at the local Porsche dealer. Paid $589.00 for both with 2 day lead time. I wanted to avoid the China product. Still waiting for the cold knife and clip release tools.
Sea Rooster
I just replaced my windshield and my shop's cost was $434 from their local Porsche supplier.

Trim, clips, spacers and butyl were purchased from 914 Rubber.

I'm in Nashville, Music City!
914LIVE
==========================================

Good evening.

After you remove the TRIM do not use a KNIFE,
use a small piece of PIANO WIRE or TIG WELDING
WIRE.

Feed from the outside to the inside at one of the
corners, wrap the ends to a piece of wood (both ends)
(pencil piece, piece of paint stick, etc).

Use this homemade tool to CUT through the perimeter
of the windshield sealer/goop.

Easy !!!

==========================================
rbzymek
The knife that I ordered is the same one as used by glass professionals. On the You Tube videos it looks easier than the wire method.

Here is the cold knife:

https://equalizer.com/Products/ProductDetail/1356
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.