Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cobra seats
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
daytona
Hi all,
I am looking for the right pair of seats for my 914. Looks like the Cobra Classic GT and Classic RS seats will fit the 914. I would like to hear from anyone who has one of these seats in their 914. I would like to hear about how they fit and feel in the car. How comfortable they are, or aren't. Any information would be helpful.
Thanks,
Bill.
VegasRacer
The LeMans seat from GTS Classics fits a 914 perfectly. https://classiccarseats.com/Lemans-seats.php They are a direct, easy replacement. I find them extremely comfortable for long road trips and very supportive on the track. I strongly recommend this top quality product and can not imagine a better seat for our little cars.
Click to view attachment
daytona
Hi VegasRacer,
Thanks for your input. I am familiar with the seats from GTS. I just think they are a bit rich for me. But... having said that, I am sending you a PM with some questions about the Lemans seat.
Thanks.
Bill.

sixnotfour
here is the install of Cobra Classic Rs
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=143603
Lg914
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Jun 18 2020, 10:08 PM) *

The LeMans seat from GTS Classics fits a 914 perfectly. https://classiccarseats.com/Lemans-seats.php They are a direct, easy replacement. I find them extremely comfortable for long road trips and very supportive on the track. I strongly recommend this top quality product and can not imagine a better seat for our little cars.
Click to view attachment

So being a very tall driver, 6’4” , I am wondering if this seat looses any legroom compared to the original 914 seats?
VegasRacer
Just for you guys, I did something I never do . . . . . I sat in the stock passenger seat in my car.
My observation was that the leg room is about the same, possibly a tiny bit less than stock. However, the stock seat is noticeably higher.

Please note: The stock seat is freshly reupholstered and the LeMans has 15 years of use, so my test may not be fair or valid.
wes
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Jun 19 2020, 08:17 AM) *

Just for you guys, I did something I never do . . . . . I sat in the stock passenger seat in my car.
My observation was that the leg room is about the same, possibly a tiny bit less than stock. However, the stock seat is noticeably higher.

Please note: The stock seat is freshly reupholstered and the LeMans has 15 years of use, so my test may not be fair or valid.

I also noticed the Cobra seat to be higher than the stock seats. I cut the foam bottom cushions down just enough with no discomfort. I was quite happy with them (they really keep you planted) on till a “onetime use mechanic” destroyed the hounds tooth material I recovered the seats in. No longer using them and they are now on the shelf. Thought about recovering them although never got to it.
daytona
Hi wes,
What model cobra seats do you have?
Sent you a pm.
Bill.
wes
QUOTE(daytona @ Jun 20 2020, 05:33 AM) *

Hi wes,
What model cobra seats do you have?
Sent you a pm.
Bill.

Click to view attachment
A photo before they were damaged! I’m recovering them with the same look in a better quality material. Not really sure I’m gonna sell them had actually planned to use them as seating for the 914 garage.
daytona
Wow!
Good looking seats wes.
If they are not in the car, what seats are in the car now?
Bill.
wes
QUOTE(daytona @ Jun 21 2020, 05:08 AM) *

Wow!
Good looking seats wes.
If they are not in the car, what seats are in the car now?
Bill.

Click to view attachment maybe not as pretty but major comfort and completely hugging you in place.
slivel
These are Cobra seats. Imola II. Not a great picture but the houndstooth color is red. Drivers seat is the narrow width version and passenger seat is the wide version. As you can see they both fit but I did remove the channel across the floor so that they would sit flat on the floor. No concern for chassis rigidity in my case because I have a full cage.
Click to view attachment
daytona
Nice Scheel seats wes.
Seat envy I have.
Bill.
daytona
Nice Scheel seats wes.
Seat envy I have.
Bill.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.