Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2.0 manual recommendations
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rowling
Hello everyone

I have recently picked up a 74 bus to fix up. It turns out that after the original engine dropped a valve someone installed a 1973 2.0 from a 914 in its place.

I have the Bentley manual for the bus, the Chilton manual for air cooled VWs and the Haynes manual for 914s. None of these manuals are really great for details on the 2.0.

Any suggestions for a good engine manual?

I look forward to all the good reading in here.

Thanks
BeatNavy
I'm not 100% sure what you're trying to do. Are you looking to do an engine rebuild yourself, or are you just looking for a general maintenance manual. If the latter, the Haynes manual is solid (as well as this forum). You're not going to find too many references that are specific to the 2.0 engine as so much of the components are used on all three type 4's (1.7, 1.8, 2.0). Other than the P&C and crank the case and internals are pretty much the same.

If you're looking to do a rebuild of the engine, I'd recommend the Wilson Book and the Jake Raby video.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.