Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Monkeys with wings are in my head...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dead Air
And, like, we're at this 12 step meeting, see? Yes, I'm a monkey with wings, too, Dammit!! But we're just sitting and waiting. And there this gigantic hole in the ground inside the circle of chairs. It goes down forever, into blackness.
Just sitting and waiting.
And suddenly a young monkey stands up, scratches his head, blows air into a paper bag and tosses it way up into the air. We sit and watch the graceful arch. It gets to TDC and begins to fall toward the blackness of the hole.
Four of the older monkeys leap into the air, catch the bag and begin to tear it open as they tumble and flutter into the hole. We watch, fixated as they light on a ledge just inside the rim. We stand to get a better view of the comotion.
The ledge is one of thousands that jut out from the smooth walls, spiralling down, down into the blackness.
And from the bag comes:
"I got fired" or "meet me in San Lo for lunch" or
"what's the pitch ratio of the second gear helix of a 935"
There's a moment of silence as the monkeys ponder. Two fly away and retake their seats. The two remaining on the ledge start to twist and invert the words, they reach into their own mouths and pull, glistening a mass of Scrabble tiles from deep inside. And begin to arrange their reply.
When they finish, they toss it into the air once more but it only falls further down, down.
Then again it is caught from falling further by a group of monkeys that were ascending from the depths. We at the meeting are fascinated by the sound, the screetches, the murmurs, the cocaphony below.
Over and over and over, it happens. 22,000, 23000 and again
The first monkey, the inflater. Unexpectedly leaps into the hole and at a horrible speed dives to gather his inquiry. He snatches it and roosts on a nearby ledge. He is hundreds of layers below and in the dank and dark he begins to examine it.
It is a jumbled mass, slick and spiked with video clips and dirty jokes, torque wrenches and rusty header pipes. His paws are cut and he is confused with the specticle and wisdom. He gazes deeply into it and gathers his thoughts. Another gazes over his shoulder and spits another opinion.
The slippery, glowing mass quietly falls from his grasp imparting to him all it had.
The monkey, tired and greasy, flaps his wings and begins to rise to the surface, pausing only a moment or two in his ascent to regurgitate on those parcels passing or parked that peak his vaguely ancient mind.
He retakes his seat as monkeys are diving and swooping all around.
And from the seat next to him another monkey says:
"welcome to the 914 club." beerchug.gif

Trekkor
ohmy.gif

Pretty sure somebody spiked your drink... monkeydance.gif

KT
Brent
I'll have half of what he's having, bartender.
redshift
newspaper taxis appear on the shore waiting to take you away
VegasRacer
. . .
Red-Beard
There is a time a place for everything...

And that place is College!
scotty b
You're listening to Arlo Guthrie again aren't you? Maybe Jefferson Airplane / starship/ mother connection/ psycho alpha phunkadooloop
Bruce Allert
My dreams are like that.......

riding on the back of a submarine, sitting on a fine tooled saddle. The boat is upside down & I'm nekid drunk.gif

and that was when I was young(er) thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

......b
skline
Well, let us know if they start flying out of your a$$, that is supposed to be a bad sign. ohmy.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.