Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Windscreen washer piping - which is which
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dt4
Could someone advise which pipe from the nozzles and from the bottle go to which pipe on the steering column pleaseClick to view attachment
theer
Not sure it really matters, but it might if there is a one-way valve (to prevent backflow). You should be able to figure which direction the water will flow by blowing through one side then the other while pulling the stalk.

dt4
QUOTE(theer @ Jun 19 2020, 04:18 PM) *

Not sure it really matters, but it might if there is a one-way valve (to prevent backflow). You should be able to figure which direction the water will flow by blowing through one side then the other while pulling the stalk.

that didnt reveal anything
does any one have a functioning set up or original set up that can advise please
Rob-O
It doesn’t matter. Where the black plastic pipe ‘Y’ there is a small valve on the stalk. When you pull back to get washer fluid to the windshield, all the stalk does is open that small valve. Since the system uses air pressure, the pressure does the rest. Sending the fluid from the reservoir to the washer jets.

I will say two other things. The washer jets get clogged but soaking them in some warm water should free them up. Also, there are small check valves under the cowl in the frunk. Those get hunker up with old fluid and tend to stick, too. They can be cleaned up via the warm water or just buy new ones.
dt4
QUOTE(Rob-O @ Jun 20 2020, 07:06 AM) *

It doesn’t matter. Where the black plastic pipe ‘Y’ there is a small valve on the stalk. When you pull back to get washer fluid to the windshield, all the stalk does is open that small valve. Since the system uses air pressure, the pressure does the rest. Sending the fluid from the reservoir to the washer jets.

I will say two other things. The washer jets get clogged but soaking them in some warm water should free them up. Also, there are small check valves under the cowl in the frunk. Those get hunker up with old fluid and tend to stick, too. They can be cleaned up via the warm water or just buy new ones.

@Rob-O thank you
orthobiz
The original rubber tubing would crack and dump the fluid on your feet. Replacement tubing should be something longer lasting like silicone tubing.

Paul
dt4
QUOTE(orthobiz @ Jun 20 2020, 12:48 PM) *

The original rubber tubing would crack and dump the fluid on your feet. Replacement tubing should be something longer lasting like silicone tubing.

Paul

I have replaced it all with silicone
bbrock
When replacing the tubing, make sure you use tubing that can take the pressure. I replaced the tubing on my first 914 with regular windshield washer tubing form the FLAPS. Soon after, I climbed out of the car with that not so fashionable "just peed your pants" look. lol-2.gif
Mikey914
We made a special tubing that will take that pressure over 100 PSI so shouldn't be a problem. biggrin.gif
It was specifically designed for this application. It is a rubberized plastic that is thermally set, and very abrasion resistant.

To install, put the end of the hose in very hot water for 30 seconds. Push over the barb and let cool. Perfect seal no leaking.

They address the need to not put a lot of pressure on the stalk section

https://900designs-container.zoeysite.com/w...hose-kit-of-6-1
dt4
all working fine, thanks for the tips
Rob-O
aktion035.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.