Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine mount differences
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Lg914
Since I had the naroescape motorsports mount and decided that it didn’t quite fit the way I wanted it to, I decided to get the Patrick motorsports mount. Sine I couldn’t find a direct comparison (which would of been very useful ahead of time) I will post what I learned. The Patrick mount holds the engine up 3/4” higher than the Naroescape mount. The Patrick mount also puts the motor about 1/2” further away from the bulkhead. I am attaching some photos for reference the Patrick mount is the black one and the Naroescape mount is the grey one. I used the edge of my welding bench to simulate the bottom edge of the firewall.

Overall they both look very sturdy and well constructed. I like the idea of the tilting mount.

So I believe fitment problems encountered by using the Naroescape mount can be overcome by mounting it 3/4” higher than their instructions. ( if I was building a track car I would use the Naroescape mount since it lowers the motor and the center of gravity of that large mass. Better handling?)

Now I someone would be willing to give the measurement of any other 6 mount that would complete this comparison. Specifically looking for the distance from the edge of the lower bolt hole to the bottom of the firewall.

The more measurement we get the better this database will be for others.
Cairo94507
Nice information and photos. I agree with you re the Naroescape mount. The lower the weight the better the handling and they race their cars and have great oil cooler systems so heat would not be an issue if they had engine tin sealing issues due to the lowered engine. beerchug.gif
sixnotfour
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=346270&hl=

I have a facory nos firewall mount , I will get it out bolt it together for more numbers…..
Lg914
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jun 20 2020, 11:48 AM) *

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=346270&hl=

I have a facory nos firewall mount , I will get it out bolt it together for more numbers…..

That will be a great addition to the mount info.
sixnotfour
First pic shows the Distance form Firewall to Engine mount Surface.

Second pic show the drop in the center of the firewall..

Third pic shows Distance from bottom of drop to bottom hole in mount.

Final pic 6 mount
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.