Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Possible bad fuel pump part 3
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ampex351
I have been through testing the coil for spark, checking fuel pump relay,
Opening the fuel line between the injector rail and the fuel line to see if gas is coming through. None it worked or found the problem.

Enter George Hussy. On the phone he says, "have you checked your gas tank level"?
No, I said. The gauge says it has 1/2 of a tank. George says, "check the tank... gauges lie". I checked the tank and it was completely out of gas!! I went and got 5 gallons of CLEAR gas, no ethanol came home, put it in the tank. Cranked the engine a few times and she fired up! I let her warm up a bit and went for ride. WOW!
Runs like a champ. I could not be happier. THANK YOU GEORGE!!

Roger Cunningham
Ampex351
Ampex351
QUOTE(Ampex351 @ Jun 20 2020, 07:52 PM) *

I have been through testing the coil for spark, checking fuel pump relay,
Opening the fuel line between the injector rail and the fuel line to see if gas is coming through. None it worked or found the problem.

Enter George Hussy. On the phone he says, "have you checked your gas tank level"?
No, I said. The gauge says it has 1/2 of a tank. George says, "check the tank... gauges lie". I checked the tank and it was completely out of gas!! I went and got 5 gallons of CLEAR gas, no ethanol came home, put it in the tank. Cranked the engine a few times and she fired up! I let her warm up a bit and went for ride. WOW!
Runs like a champ. I could not be happier. THANK YOU GEORGE!!

Roger Cunningham
Ampex351

Well, Since nobody has said a word, I'll just say "Thank you" again George. Everyone had great ideas on what to check but you nailed it telling me to check the gas tank for fuel. I had no idea that the gas gauge would be wrong. Now I'm going for a fun ride on Father's Day. I hope everyone else does too smile.gif

Roger
FlacaProductions
While you're at it, I'd pull the float in the tank and get that gauge sorted....glad you're back on the road.
abes914
Lol. I had the same problem I was having a few weeks ago. My engine and tranny was out for a woodruff key replacement for the crankshaft/fan and while I am at it, replace seals, cleaned and painted the tins. When everything was back together, I wasn’t getting gasoline in the carbs. I thought it was my wiring connections or blocked fuel filters or bad fuel pump. My good buddy suggested to check fuel. I added a gallon and it wasn’t still getting gas. The rear of the car was up so there wasn’t enough gas in the tank so I added another 2 gallons and vroom vroom. Just in time for Father’s Day!

Glad your car is back running again. We are lucky to have this forum with lots of wonderful guys and gals sharing their 914 IQ. beerchug.gif
76-914
In '86 one of my plumbers called in saying the truck quit running. When I arrived I found he'd run out of gas. I had to let him go after that. slap.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.