Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: TINKERGINEERING BUMPER REMOVAL
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TINKERGINEERING
EPISODE 6 is here!
I can't wait to get these ugly bumpers off of the 914. You guys have seemed to like the stop motion sequences that I do so here are some behind the scenes of the process. I plan to backdate to the chrome bumpers and figure out how to make that happen.
I love this car and I love meeting great people along the way. 914 World community is so welcoming I have so many people to thank. THANK YOU ALL
Frances

Also, I just learned how to set my avatar cheer.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPIBHwhMnqM
KELTY360
EPIC!

Sorry for shouting but you’re just too cool Frances. I fell in love with 914s in 1973 and it’s so exciting to see young enthusiasm catch the bug. I know you can’t drive, but have you ridden in a 914 yet?

One suggestion: consider the old school angle of bumpers painted body color instead of chrome. That’s how it was done in 1970-72 if the chrome option wasn’t selected. I think it’s a great look.

Let me know if I can help with any tool purchases.
Krieger
Awesome! With all that enthusiasm and denim she could give Jay Leno a run for his money!
SKL1
Great video- BTW, our 3 1/2 year old grandson loves riding in the 914. I think he loves the noise, wind, etc... He usually rode with his dad, and was bummed when I shipped it from IA to AZ.
Now he enjoys rides in any of the Porsches when he visits AZ, and yes he knows how to pronounce it!!!Click to view attachment
Nojoah
Awesome video. Making great progress! Keep us updated.
djway
Negative fill, what us old timers call Scrims ya whipper snapper. Gaul darned electronics, why in my day we had to run back and forth to trip the shutter.
So, when will Godzilla make an appearance?
Keep up the fun!
Cairo94507
That was fun and informative. I too wondered how you do those sections of video where parts just come off by themselves. That's a lot of work to get those shots. But it is very cool to see things come apart like that. You are making great progress on your car and in no time it will be a stripped chassis. Keep up the good work and above all keep having fun. popcorn[1].gif jsharp.gif
mtndawg
Good video! I’m going to backdate the bumpers on my ‘75 so it’s nice to see the details of taking the big bumpers off.
AZBanks
welcome.png

Great videos and great projects.
You are an amazing and talented young lady.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.