Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: hell hole bracket
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Speedo
Finished up the hell hole on my son's 914. He is reminding me that we need the bracket that holds the brains to the battery stand, or near the battery stand to the fire wall. I don't remember this "bracket" so it like the battery tray may have vaporized. Can someone confirm what this looks like and what it is connected to? And is a repro available or can I reproduce it?
sholman5
Click to view attachment
Put an ad in the classifieds. Someone will have at a reasonable price.
sholman5
Click to view attachment
Speedo
Thanks! I will post WTB in classifieds. If anyone has an extra please let me know.
914_7T3
QUOTE(Speedo @ Jun 22 2020, 09:56 AM) *

Thanks! I will post WTB in classifieds. If anyone has an extra please let me know.

@bdstone914 was selling these at one point. Not sure if he has any more.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
we make the one and have the small one used
bdstone914
@Speedo
[/quote]

I dont have any more original big brackets.
Have several of the small angled bracket.
I am going to make a better ECU bracket.
Made a cardboard prototype.
Speedo
Brain bracket...
So what is the difference between the two brackets, and for a 1.7 which do I need?
sholman5
Click to view attachment
Mines is a 73 1.7. You need both. The big bracket attaches to the battery tray. The small one attaches to the ecu. Attach small to ecu. The ecu will have a raise metal button that slides on to the big bracket. Then bolt the ecu with the small bracket to the larger one.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
the small ones are very similar in stamping, but the later ones have a hole for the control unit idle mixture knob. The early cars do not have this mixture control knob

QUOTE(sholman5 @ Jun 22 2020, 02:33 PM) *

Click to view attachment
Mines is a 73 1.7. You need both. The big bracket attaches to the battery tray. The small one attaches to the ecu. Attach small to ecu. The ecu will have a raise metal button that slides on to the big bracket. Then bolt the ecu with the small bracket to the larger one.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.