Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT the old switcherroo!!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rhodyguy
found this at thesamba. located in costa mesa. dry.gif . site under construction. are we witnessing the demise of type4parts? "pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!! the great OZ has spoken!!". chairfall.gif

k
Allan
Must be. My history shows it as Type4parts.com..

Shipping Refunds
Your original shipping charge will only be refunded for a part sent to you in error, a defective part, an order damaged in shipping or a part that fails under warranty. This refund will automatically be credited once we receive and inspect the part. If only a portion of your order is returned, the refund for shipping costs will be prorated. Please see the Returns Policy for further details.

We will also pay for return shipping for a part that was sent to you in error, received defective, damaged in shipping, or has failed under warranty. Details can be found in the Returns Policy. If you believe you qualify and would like us to pay for return shipping, you must email us at 911@surf.co.nz or Call in the USA 949-650-7366 before attempting to return the part. COD shipments will not be accepted. chairfall.gif
rhodyguy
they forgot to add "we will not even kiss you before a good f...". appearently some guy that goes by the name "big k" had a less than pleasant experience with type4parts and left some pretty bad feedback in the vendors section. this same guy has figured out who really produces that fancy f.i. setup and has been incontact with him.

rhodyguy

Eddie Williams
Can he legally use the Porsche name in his URL? I thinkj Porsche's lawyers might be interested in this site.
rhodyguy
what i find interesting is the title infers myporscheparts.com actually has parts in stock. my guess is this big k guy was unaware of Porsche's policy with regards to people using their name without permission. i bet he would like to know how one goes about notifing Porsche of the shananigans. unsure.gif

rhodyguy
SirAndy
go to the main page and highlight the part of the page under "We have parts for Porsche Mercedes Audi BMW VW" that seems to be empty ...

white text on a white background, how clever. i wonder how the guys from all the companies he's listing would react if they knew he's using their business names to promote his website.

and if you're really adventurous, look at the meta-tag.
among many others, the name "Jake Raby" is probably the most interesting ...

idea.gif Andy
scotty b
wink.gif I'm a little out of the loop here but is this stromberg.gif ?
rhodyguy
site under construction. just as type4parts was for the longest time. my guess is a "cease and desist" would be forthcoming in short order, or more attorneys in the civil action line.

r
SLITS
When I typed in the url of www.myporscheparts.com, it immediately redirected to www.type4parts.com....you should be able to figure out who it is easily.
SirAndy
whois for myporscheparts.com:
---------------------------------------------------------------

Registrant:
Type4parts.com
2609 Redlands Dr
Costamesa, California 92627
United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com
Domain Name: MYPORSCHEPARTS.COM
Created on: 05-Jun-05
Expires on: 05-Jun-06
Last Updated on: 05-Jun-05

Administrative Contact:
Stromberg, Steve Type4parts.com@surf.co.nz
Type4parts.com
2609 Redlands Dr
United States
(949) 650-7366

Technical Contact:
Stromberg, Steve Type4parts.com@surf.co.nz
Type4parts.com
2609 Redlands Dr
United States
(949) 650-7366

Domain servers in listed order:
PARK11.SECURESERVER.NET
PARK12.SECURESERVER.NET
Engman
Wow - don't piss Andy off!!!

laugh.gif

M

Bleyseng
I guess I won't even think about buying from there! stromberg.gif
rhodyguy
what/where is the "meta-tag".

r
Jake Raby
Yeah-What he said.....

I just got off the phobne with a lady named Laura.... She is sitting at Porsche's headquarters in Atlanta and I'd say that our buddy will be notified pretty damn quick about the domain name..

I got to know these people pretty well when someone turned my massive logo into to Porsche because it was "confusingly similar".... a little bit of good comes from everything bad! boldblue.gif

I wonder what would happen if his domain name host or ISP found out what kind of business they are promoting??? I know certain companies will give the boot to those who don't play their cards right.
rhodyguy
uh-oh unsure.gif sad.gif . i hate when mondays go south first thing in the morning.

k
DNHunt
Kevin

Remember when we were talking Saturday about how stromberg.gif could stay in business. I guess we got our answer. stromberg.gif will try and change colors but, stromberg.gif will always smell like stromberg.gif . Good pickup Kevin

Dave
Jake Raby
Hey DNHUNT,
I wonder what would have happened if you would have bought your engine kit from stromberg.gif ???

Think he would have replaced anything??
seanery
Kevin, when viewing a web page click on "View" then "View Source" from your menu bars, you'll see the code for the web page. In that info is the meta data. Here is stromberg.gif s meta data
*meta name="keywords" content="PORSCHE PARTS Performance Products Tweeks Pelican Parts 20th Street Auto Porsche parts online catalog - save up to 90 percent off on high-quality OEM Porsche 944 928 914 911 356 924 912 968 parts!Vertex Automotive Ian's Euro Parts
9xauto Inc Autobahn Ext Porsche Parts Wholesale offers discount prices on new, OEM and aftermarket Porsche auto parts and Porsche car parts for all Porsche models Porsche Parts and Accessories by Mid America Motorworks, everything for the Porsche Enthusiast and their Porsche  Supplies articles and other technical information about many Porsche models. Also includes bulletin boards and online sales of Porsche and BMW parts Porsche parts online catalog - save up to 90 percent off on high-quality OEM Porsche 944 928 914 911 356 924 912 968 parts! FREE shipping on most auto ... OEM, aftermarket and performance auto parts for Porsche, VW, BMW, Audi and Mercedes-Benz DriveWire.com Carries a large selection of Genuine OEM Porsche Auto Parts. Order your Porsche Parts from DriveWire and receive free shipping on all orders Porsche Parts Wholesale offers discount prices on new, OEM and aftermarket Porsche auto parts and Porsche car parts for all Porsche models Parts and accessories, new and used, for the Porsche models Porsche repair technical advice, maintenance & technical tips for do-it-yourselfers!
CarPartsWholesale only offers top quality Porsche car parts that are from the ... Search our user-friendly body parts catalog, Porsche car parts
Sells Porsche parts. Site features technical articles and photos.
Porsche Parts for all models. ... We carry lots of Porsche auto parts and auto accessories for your Porsche model of any year, we also have oem stock Submit auto part request now!!! Buying Used Porsche Parts - Guide & Tips. Do you need replacement used Porsche parts Buy Porsche Parts and Accessories Online Now. automotion.jpg Automotion's Porsche Parts & Accessory Foreign Intrigue - Quality Parts for your Porsche Search for discount Porsche Parts & Porsche Accessories at Auto Parts Warehouse. Save up to 60% on your next Porsche Parts Purchase Restoration Design - Vintage Porsche 356, Porsche 911, Porsche 912 and Porsche 914 restoration parts. Restoration Design is a manufacturing facility  Our goal is to provide affordable Porsche Parts and accessories to enthusiasts worldwide. Our customer focus is on the weekend mechanic - the fellow who

Extensive range of Porsche parts, performance racing and Accessories Specializing in late model Porsche 911, 993, 996, and Boxster new and used parts and accessories, including electrical, engines, exterior, body, and glass
912, 356, COUPE, SPEEDSTER, CABRIOLET, TARGA, VINTAGE RACING, RACING, SWAPMEETS, OUTLAWS, GARY EMORY,Porsche Parts Obsolete,PORSCHE, PORSCHE PARTS, 911 Porsche Remanufactured Parts. Check out the facts on factory-remanufactured Porsche parts... they're the most affordable way to maintain your Porsche's
Porsche parts catalog, Porsche 944 parts, Porsche 911 parts, Porsche 928 parts, Porsche 914 parts, Porsche 924 parts, Porsche 912 parts, technical tips, ...!
DNHunt
Jake

I'd be in the stromberg.gif . I wish I could help Kevin get out of the stromberg.gif Somebody's got to nail that asshole. My money is on you

Dave
Jake Raby
The next step is for someone to find his parts sources and start filling them in on the darkside of whats going on.

Most of these wholesalers will put up with no BS and will cut you off in a heartbeat! boldblue.gif
rhodyguy
i'm so confused. so how does all that relate to myporscheparts and type4parts. why would we go through stromberg.gif when all those resources are available to us now? wacko.gif . is that to imply that stromberg.gif can gets parts through Gary Emory cheaper than me driving down there, and digging through all the shipping containers myself? shit, i know all about G.E.'s value friendly pricing having been there and dropping a few bucks. dry.gif . how do you like them apples steve? he lurks all the time.

k or r, whatever.
SirAndy
QUOTE (rhodyguy @ Jul 11 2005, 08:15 AM)
is that to imply that stromberg.gif can gets parts through Gary Emory cheaper than me driving down there, and digging through all the shipping containers myself?

no.

everything in the meta tag will be scanned by search engines. so if someone uses google to search for "jake raby" or "pelican parts" or any of the other sites/names mentioned, he ( stromberg.gif ) hopes his website will show up as a search result ...

the same goes for all the hidden text on the homepage ...
wink.gif Andy
tdgray
I didn't see Jakes name on the meta tag... but maybe I missed it.

I am not in the know about these things but it seems very wrong that he could use Jake's name for his own purposes. confused24.gif Should be illegal. unsure.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (tdgray @ Jul 11 2005, 10:13 AM)
I didn't see Jakes name on the meta tag... but maybe I missed it.

that's because sean didn't post all of the meta-tag ...

here is the complete one:
==============================================

meta name="keywords" content="PORSCHE PARTS Performance Products Tweeks Pelican
Parts 20th Street Auto Porsche parts online catalog - save up to 90 percent off
on high-quality OEM Porsche 944 928 914 911 356 924 912 968 parts!Vertex
Automotive Ian's Euro Parts
9xauto Inc Autobahn Ext Porsche Parts Wholesale offers discount prices on new,
OEM and aftermarket Porsche auto parts and Porsche car parts for all Porsche
models Porsche Parts and Accessories by Mid America Motorworks, everything for
the Porsche Enthusiast and their Porsche  Supplies articles and other technical
information about many Porsche models. Also includes bulletin boards and online
sales of Porsche and BMW parts Porsche parts online catalog - save up to 90
percent off on high-quality OEM Porsche 944 928 914 911 356 924 912 968 parts!
FREE shipping on most auto ... OEM, aftermarket and performance auto parts for
Porsche, VW, BMW, Audi and Mercedes-Benz DriveWire.com Carries a large selection
of Genuine OEM Porsche Auto Parts. Order your Porsche Parts from DriveWire and
receive free shipping on all orders Porsche Parts Wholesale offers discount
prices on new, OEM and aftermarket Porsche auto parts and Porsche car parts for
all Porsche models Parts and accessories, new and used, for the Porsche models
Porsche repair technical advice, maintenance & technical tips for
do-it-yourselfers!
CarPartsWholesale only offers top quality Porsche car parts that are from the
... Search our user-friendly body parts catalog, Porsche car parts
Sells Porsche parts. Site features technical articles and photos.
Porsche Parts for all models. ... We carry lots of Porsche auto parts and auto
accessories for your Porsche model of any year, we also have oem stock Submit
auto part request now!!! Buying Used Porsche Parts - Guide & Tips. Do you need
replacement used Porsche parts Buy Porsche Parts and Accessories Online Now.
automotion.jpg Automotion's Porsche Parts & Accessory Foreign Intrigue - Quality
Parts for your Porsche Search for discount Porsche Parts & Porsche Accessories
at Auto Parts Warehouse. Save up to 60% on your next Porsche Parts Purchase
Restoration Design - Vintage Porsche 356, Porsche 911, Porsche 912 and Porsche
914 restoration parts. Restoration Design is a manufacturing facility  Our goal
is to provide affordable Porsche Parts and accessories to enthusiasts worldwide.
Our customer focus is on the weekend mechanic - the fellow who

Extensive range of Porsche parts, performance racing and Accessories
Specializing in late model Porsche 911, 993, 996, and Boxster new and used parts
and accessories, including electrical, engines, exterior, body, and glass
912, 356, COUPE, SPEEDSTER, CABRIOLET, TARGA, VINTAGE RACING, RACING,
SWAPMEETS, OUTLAWS, GARY EMORY,Porsche Parts Obsolete,PORSCHE, PORSCHE PARTS,
911 Porsche Remanufactured Parts. Check out the facts on factory-remanufactured
Porsche parts... they're the most affordable way to maintain your Porsche's
Porsche parts catalog, Porsche 944 parts, Porsche 911 parts, Porsche 928 parts,
Porsche 914 parts, Porsche 924 parts, Porsche 912 parts, technical tips, ...

PORSCHE PARTSYOUR SOURCE  FOR TYPE 4 ENGINES PORSCHE 356 904 908 911 912 914 917
924 928 944 968 993 996  914 PARTS EW HAVE CASES  CRANKSHAFTS    CYLINDER HEADS
CAMSHAFT   CONNECTING RODS   FLYWHEELS  VW TYPE4 PARTS T4 Typ4 HAVE CASES
CRANKSHAFTS    CYLINDER HEADS  TYPE 4 STORE CAMSHAFT   CONNECTING RODS  
FLYWHEELS  PISTONS CLUTCHES COOLING SYSTEM OILPUMP PORTED HEADS MACHINE WORK
TUNING WEBER CARBS WEB CAM CAMSHAFFTS SCAT PRODUCTS MALLORRY DISTURBUTORS
El-RING GASKETS Rabys Aircooled Technology Type 4 Store  KOBLESCHMIDT BEARINGS
KB PISTONS 912E 914 Baja Bug Dune Buggies Micro Bus Beetle Bug Vee Dub Loaf
Kombi Kaffer Type4   AirCooled Technology  DTM  Massive Type4 Airkewld Great
Plains Aircraft PORSCHE PARTS Performance Products Tweeks Pelican Parts 20th
Street Auto Vertex Automotive Ian's Euro Parts
9xauto Inc Autobahn Extremist Autobahn Extremist Automobile Atlanta Brey-Krause
Carcrafter Engineering dC Automotive  DJM Motorsports Einmalig EuroPerf Racing
Fabspeed G&S Autoworks   Haus of Parts  ERMANPARTSONLINE HeritageMotorcar
ImagineAuto Los Angeles Dismantler for Porsche  KELLY-MOSS MOTORSPORTS  Mainely
Custom by Design Palo Alto Speedometer PAP-Parts
Paragon Products
Phil's Automotive POWERTECH Pro Technik Racer's Edge  Restoration DesignType 4
Long Block Conversion Kits will assist you to convert any customer supplied
2000cc Type4store Type 4 engine into a 2400cc powerhouse. These kits contain all
the necessary conversion parts to convert your engine and all machine work is
included in the price. You send your case, crank, heads and connecting rods to
us and we¹ll do the necessary machine work and return these parts along with the
necessary parts, bearings, etc., for you to complete the assembly of the engine.
Type 4 engines can be outfitted with dual ignition, just like the Type 1 engine.

Each Type 4 Conversion Kit includes the following (you will need to add an
Engine Accessory Package to this kit):

The Website for Type 3 and 4 VOLKSWAGENS from the UK

Jake Raby

FASTBACKS, NOTCHBACKS, VARIANTS (SQUAREBACKS),

411 and 412 SEDANS and VARIANTS

Updated 20 August, 2004

Welcome to the UK and our new Club homepage. VW clubs and enthusiasts may make
free non-commercial use of extracts from this website to further the cause of
air-cooled VWs, provided acknowledgements and/or links are included. The
following links are the sites I've found or had sent to me where you can find
more information about the Type 4 engine The Type 4 - VW's"
tdgray
Thanks Andy.

Thought I was goin blind or something.

Thats just not right IMO dry.gif
SirAndy
and here is the "hidden" text from the homepage ...

PORSCHE PARTS Performance Products Tweeks Pelican Parts

20th Street Auto

Vertex Automotive

Ian's Euro Parts
9xauto Inc

Autobahn Extremist

Automobile Atlanta

Brey-Krause

Carcrafter

Engineering dC Automotive

DJM Motorsports

Einmalig

EuroPerf Racing

Fabspeed

G&S Autoworks  

Haus of Parts  GERMANPARTSONLINE

HeritageMotorcar

ImagineAuto

Los Angeles Dismantler for Porsche

KELLY-MOSS MOTORSPORTS  

Mainely Custom by Design

Palo Alto Speedometer

PAP-Parts
Paragon Products
Phil's Automotive

POWERTECH

Pro Technik

Racer's Edge

Restoration Design

Pelican Parts

Tweeks

CYLINDER HEADS CAMSHAFT CONNECTING RODS FLYWHEELS PISTONS CLUTCHES COOLING SYSTEM OILPUMP PORTED HEADS MACHINE WORK TUNING WEBER CARBS WEB CAM CAMSHAFFTS SCAT PRODUCTS MALLORRY DISTURBUTORS El-RING GASKETS KOBLESCHMIDT BEARINGS KB PISTONS 912E 914 Baja Bug Dune Buggies Micro Bus Beetle Bug Vee Dub Loaf Kombi Kaffer Type4 Rimco 23 Delux Ace Enterpises Airkewld Archway Import Parts Ask Imports Audirac Vw Autocraft Engines B&K Manafacturing BAP Import Parts BBT BFY Obsolete Parts Barneys Import Parts Beetle Barn Bernie Bergmann Black Gold BLIMP Blitzkrieg Racing Bobbys Buggies Bugcity Bug Me Video Bug Meet Buggy Warehouse Buggy World Bugpack Bugstuff CB Performance CNC California Import Parts California Pacific Camco Fab Car Craft Chrico VW Super Center Chucks Convertible Parts Classic Camber
Classic Speed Parts Coker Tire Competition Egineering DLI DPR Machine Shop Dan's Performance Psarts Demello Machine Shop Donsco Fun Car Drew's Off Road Preformance EMPI Engle Cams ERCO Esslinger Engineering FAT Performance Fibercraft Fullrton Sand Sports Geer Engineering German Motor Works GEX Go Westy Heads Up Headflow Masters Herrel's Bug PartsHot Vw Drag Day Innovate Motorsports JC Whiteny Jim's Custom VW Johnnie's 4-Play KCR Transmissons Karmann Ghia Parts and Restoration Kawell Racing Kustom 1 LA Products
Larry's Off Road Center
La Vern Restoration

Long Enterprises

Ron Lumus Racing

MSE

M& T Manafacturing

Mid America Motorworks Mooneyes

OE Vee Dub

Old Speed

Old Volks Home

Ovals Only

PSD PerformancePacific Customs Performance Distributors

Pauter Machine

Performance Express

Pertronix Inc

Poor Boys

Sand Cars

Pro Tools

Prowlers

Speed and Custom Qualtiy German Auto

Rancho Performance Transaxles rimco Vw

Rogers European Engineering

RTS enterprises

Rusty Bug Restorations

SAB

AutoImport Parts

Scat Enterprises

Sliger Products

So Cal Imports

Stephens V-Dub restorations

Streetworks

Street and Sand Toys

Stricly Foreign

Strickly VX

Stuff Transaxles

Things Unlimted

Top Line Parts

Total Seal Piston Rings

Transmissons West

TVA

Tweeds Innovative

Design Unique Supply

Universal Machine

Vee Dub Parts Unlimited

Ventura Warehouse Group

Vw Paradise

WEB-CAM

Weddle Industries

West Coast Metric

Wiring Wrks

Wolfgang Intl

Wolfsburg West
SLITS
20th Street Auto in Phoenic knows about it now.........
rhodyguy
now i get it. so he hopes to "tag along" when someone searches for say the type 4 store. esp with the similarity of titles. is this all above board?

k or r
rhodyguy
this guy has no idea what his association is costing him... and we thought this was the stromberg.gif's own deal. obviously another lie from the turd. please don't harass bug man nrg. he's prob just another guy sucked in by the b.s. it's not like it's an exclusive club. but he does want to know if the turd isn't up to the task.

k

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic...ic.php?t=115057
SLITS
QUOTE (rhodyguy @ Jul 11 2005, 10:53 AM)
now i get it. so he hopes to "tag along" when someone searches for say the type 4 store. esp with the similarity of titles. is this all above board?

k or r

He is attempting to "pirate" anyone that is seeking any of the agencies listed in the tags.

He is hoping by putting their names in that when someone does a search for say "Porsche parts - 20th Street Auto"...his site will come up in the search engine.

Using someone else's name without express permission is a NO NO.........
rhodyguy
ron, check out the link i added to the computer help ? thread. i suppose i could put the link here too. judging by the number of companys in the tag there will be a WHOLELOTA pissed off people when they find out what he's been up to. life would have been SO much better for him if he would have just hit his wife up for the money and let the engine hassle go away. hell, JUST the intakes might have done the trick. but NOOOO...it'll cost alot more than $1900 for me to go away now.

k
gklinger
and it works for the stromberg.gif too... google search "Porsche parts - 20th Street Auto", 3rd page.

whatadick

Porsche Parts - Porsche Auto Parts ENGINES CASES CRANKSHAFTS ...
... Aircraft PORSCHE PARTS Performance Products Tweeks Pelican Parts 20th Street Auto ... 20th Street Auto. Vertex Automotive. Ian's Euro Parts 9xauto Inc ...
www.type4parts.com/ - 44k - Jul 9, 2005 - Cached - Similar pages
rhodyguy
holly shit!!! perfomance products, tweeks, PELICAN!!! anybody tell wayne yet? is this kind of behavior actionable? as in civil? some clever lawyer should start a class action on this one if possible. to me it's nothing more than stealing. many of the companies are advertisers in hotvw's. the turd too i think. i wonder how the sales department will feel when everybody pulls their advertising dollars if they let type4parts continue to advert. see that little red light flashing in the corner of your eye? that's your career termination signal. don't blow your brains out. just go off and hang yourself.

k
rhodyguy
"disgustingly obese, politically incorrect, mischievious villian". chairfall.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.