Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB - nos door weatherstrip.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
914Next
Any chance there is nos weatherstrip available? I haven’t looked real close to see where this piece begins and ends but It is the weatherstrip on the leading edge of the passenger door glass. Looks like mine hardened and then is now getting pushed in and torn when the door closes.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
yellowporky
Steve,
I had a bunch of NOS rubber on the shelf for about 18 years and thought i was so cool for being able to install it on my restoration project. What i learned is that even on the shelf the rubber still shrinks and did not fit well. The windshield to targa pulled itself apart at the ends overnight after installing.
I ended up buying fresh 914 rubber seals and could not be happier.
Not sure if this is typical but just my experience.
914Next
QUOTE(yellowporky @ Jun 23 2020, 10:52 AM) *

Steve,
I had a bunch of NOS rubber on the shelf for about 18 years and thought i was so cool for being able to install it on my restoration project. What i learned is that even on the shelf the rubber still shrinks and did not fit well. The windshield to targa pulled itself apart at the ends overnight after installing.
I ended up buying fresh 914 rubber seals and could not be happier.
Not sure if this is typical but just my experience.

Thanks. Not at all surprised to hear that. Will keep that in mind
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.