Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone recognize this roll cage set up?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tdskip
Likely from late 1990s, still in wrapping.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Tdskip
I think I will loose assemble this today to see if that helps anyone recognize which one it is. I don’t think it’s one of Chris’s , at least not a current style.
sixnotfour
maybe AutoPower, check for sticker main hoop center top .
JmuRiz
Sure it's for a 914? The firewall hoop doesn't look like the AutoPower one I have in my storage shed...
Tdskip
Thanks for the responses.

QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Jun 24 2020, 09:52 AM) *

Sure it's for a 914? The firewall hoop doesn't look like the AutoPower one I have in my storage shed...

It came with the 914 race car so I assume so, but you know how that goes.

Let me loose assemble it and see how it would look to fit.
Tdskip
@sixnotfour - you nailed it. Again.

Click to view attachment
Tdskip
This car is VERY much a project so forgive me for quickly loose fitting in here.

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
sixnotfour
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Jun 24 2020, 08:52 AM) *

ya not like mine either,,,but it is ..I think the later ones had the removable cross brace..or was an option popcorn[1].gif

https://www.autopowerindustries.com/applications.html

Street Street-Sport Race U-Weld Bolt-In U-Weld Front U-Weld Full
61080 D 60080 D 31080 69-76 914 83080 D 32080 33080
Tdskip
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jun 24 2020, 02:49 PM) *

QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Jun 24 2020, 08:52 AM) *

ya not like mine either,,,but it is ..I think the later ones had the removable cross brace..or was an option popcorn[1].gif

The center diagonal brace is removable actually - there are bolts/nuts on either end. Hard to see but you can the bolt head in one of the pictures.
Tdskip
@sixnotfour - thanks, checked and looks like a variation of a U-weld set up. It has tabs that appear to mount where the seat belt assembly goes.
JmuRiz
Ahhhh, thanks for the photos, the forward facing upper bars messed me up when it was all folded/packaged.

Mine has the diagonal petty-bar, but is not the 4-point like this one.

Anyone want/need one like mine?
sixnotfour
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Jun 24 2020, 03:27 PM) *

Ahhhh, thanks for the photos, the forward facing upper bars messed me up when it was all folded/packaged.

Mine has the diagonal petty-bar, but is not the 4-point like this one.

Anyone want/need one like mine?

send me a pic...pm sent
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.