Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FOUND: Fasten Seat Belt light- Thanks Jeff
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
koozy
Looking for a fasten seat belt light

Shipped to 95051

EDIT:

It seems I made a mistake. What I need is one with a circuit board connection and is from a 1973 Karmann Ghia. I foolishly thought it was the same part as the one we use since it had been so long since I'd removed one from any of my 914s. Sucks getting old. Please accept my apologies for your efforts.

Well, if anyone here is into Ghias I need one for that car.

Part number is: 113 919 234

For the life of me I can't seem to find anyone that sells them.
JeffBowlsby
There's two versions, what year car?

1972-73 4-pole
1974-76 2-pole
914_7T3
I have a NOS 2 Pole housing without the red "fasten seat belt" lens. Tested and ready to go, PM me if interested.

Click to view attachment
koozy
It seems I made a mistake. I need one with a circuit board connection. It is from a 1973 Karmann Ghia and I foolishly thought it was the same part as the one we use since it had been so long since I'd removed one from any of my 914s. Sucks getting old. Please accept my apologies for your efforts.

Well, if anyone here is into Ghias I need one for that car.

Part number is: 113 919 234

For the life of me I can't seem to find anyone that sells them.
JeffBowlsby
The 4-pole version is actually a circuit board edge. Same-same?
koozy
Hey, maybe it is. It looks like this...

Click to view attachment
JeffBowlsby
PN 91163201200

koozy
That sure does look like the same part, doesn't it? I'll try that and see if it works. I don't see why it wouldn't.
koozy
Thanks, Jeff. Greatly appreciated
koozy
Now that we have that figured out, anyone have a NOS or very nice one for sale? I see Pelican has them so maybe I should just go with new.
koozy
Ordered. Thanks, Jeff!!!
fiacra
@koozy Hey Mike, if that doesn't work out let me know and I might have one in my stash of Ghia parts. I'm in the midst of a Covid inspired reorganization of my garage/basement/storage so everything is deeply buried right now, but I can do some digging if need be. BTW your old car is doing great! I'm putting together parts to take off the carbs someone else put on and convert it back to stock FI. I've never liked the Weber 44 IDFs that are on it now. Other than that it has been everything I could ask for.
koozy
Thank you very much. I appreciate it. I'll let you know. I'm so glad you love the car as much as I do. It gave me so many smiles to the mile!!!

Mike
koozy
@fiacra The carbs were put on after I sold it. The original fuel injection was perfect on that 2056.
fiacra
QUOTE(koozy @ Jun 24 2020, 06:34 PM) *

@fiacra The carbs were put on after I sold it. The original fuel injection was perfect on that 2056.

@koozy Yeah, the car went through at least two other owners after you, and maybe more. I think it was mostly left unmolested and it is just an awesome car! I understand why someone might want to put carbs on, but I prefer the FI, so back on it goes.... Also I like the look of chrome bumpers and now have a set of nice original bumpers to put on it. I suspect you put the fiberglass bumpers on to lighten it for AX? I'm a pretty conservative driver so having the extra weight won't bother me. I mean, I recently completed a search for a date correct 36hp engine to put in my Bug and both Ghia's have the original engines. That should give you an idea of my mindset. When your starting point is older air cooled VW engines the 2056 seems to have plenty of power...... I don't need to lay down 20' of rubber like SirAndy. Bet the neighbors love that biggrin.gif
koozy
Here is Stella (what I called her) with my dad when I first got her. This is actually my first ever autocross in Alameda

Click to view attachment

Then a few more from throughout her life with me

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.