Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Okteenerfest
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
stevend914
Haven't seen/heard anything since Werks Reunion Amelia. Still on or canceled?
poorsche914
QUOTE(stevend914 @ Jun 24 2020, 09:36 AM) *
Due to the ongoing effects of the Covid-19 pandemic and the uncertainty of any restrictions there may be come fall, Okteenerfest as a drive/show/banquet will, sadly, not be held this year.
With the amount of planning and preparation Okteenerfest takes, it has been decided to cancel for 2020.

In its place, however, I am planning a two-day “drive only” event.
Still working on lodging but hope to have more details soon.
Same weekend as Okteenerfest would have been... Sept. 24-27.

steve
driving.gif
Jamie
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Jun 24 2020, 05:44 AM) *

Due to the ongoing effects of the Covid-19 pandemic and the uncertainty of any restrictions there may be come fall, Okteenerfest as a drive/show/banquet will, sadly, not be held this year.
With the amount of planning and preparation Okteenerfest takes, it has been decided to cancel for 2020.

steve
driving.gif

I'm already missing Okteenerfest for this year, it has been my annual 914 driving adventure for the 4 events I've attended. Keep us updated about your potential gathering Steve. driving.gif
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Jun 24 2020, 09:44 AM) *

steve
driving.gif

I sense an opportunity for a really cool special addition shirt ….. poke.gif
my calendar is blocked and will be up there somewhere, if for some reason the group does not get together in TN as was being discussed I know I will then be planning on going to Banner Elk, NC might get up there earlier, as I am looking at some vacation/retirement property in that region shades.gif , as much as I like TN area, Banner Elk is closer to home, as our son is in Charlotte. BUT either way count me in!!
ClayPerrine
Unfortunately, with all of the uncertainty going on, including if Betty's 914 will be back up and running by then (at the rate things are going, I doubt it), we will not be there.

I am considering a weekend Oklahoma drive - AKA Talamena Drive. But this time based in Mena, Arkansas, and heading west.

Clay
stevend914
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jun 24 2020, 11:46 AM) *

Unfortunately, with all of the uncertainty going on, including if Betty's 914 will be back up and running by then (at the rate things are going, I doubt it), we will not be there.

I am considering a weekend Oklahoma drive - AKA Talamena Drive. But this time based in Mena, Arkansas, and heading west.

Clay

@clayperrine

Any suggestions in/around Palestine, TX?
billh1963
Oh no!
poorsche914
QUOTE(Jamie @ Jun 24 2020, 10:02 AM) *
I'm already missing Okteenerfest...
That's why I'm doing a drive weekend. I figure there are others like me who are ready to gather with fellow 914ers and have a fun weekend!

QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Jun 24 2020, 10:10 AM) *
my calendar is blocked and will be up there somewhere... count me in!!
Looking forward to seeing you again, Phil.

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jun 24 2020, 12:46 PM) *
Unfortunately, ... we will not be there.

I am considering a weekend Oklahoma drive - AKA Talamena Drive.

Clay
Will miss seeing you and Betty this fall. Definitely put a drive together for those in your part of the country.

QUOTE(billh1963 @ Jun 24 2020, 07:24 PM) *
Oh no!
LOL... hope to see you this fall, Bill.

I'll start a new thread for the drive weekend as soon as I get a few things figured out.
driving.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(stevend914 @ Jun 24 2020, 02:53 PM) *

Clay

@clayperrine

The Texas hill country is always a possibility too. Possibly around Fredricksburg.
stevend914
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jun 25 2020, 07:23 AM) *

QUOTE(stevend914 @ Jun 24 2020, 02:53 PM) *

Clay

@clayperrine

The Texas hill country is always a possibility too. Possibly around Fredricksburg.

Since we do Texas Hill Country in Feb/Mar we're looking for a different area
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.