Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Brake pads.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914rat
I'm to lazy to look it up but what is the best stopping pad for stock
2.0 brakes ? I remember a thread . But nothing in search.
Superhawk996
You've mixed mutiple questions in asking what is "best".

What do you mean by best?

1) Quit pads (i.e. lowest noise)
2) least brake dust
3) minimum brake fade under hard use like AX or racing use
4) maximum ability to lock the brakes (i.e. highest friction)
5) firmest brake pedal feel (i.e. least compressability of the brake pad)
6) an optimizaation of all five above

Note: Stopping distance is determined more by the tire grip than the brakes. Once you have suffient brake torque to lock the tires the tires become the component that determines braking distance.

Poterfied brake pads from PMB are a popular pick though there are many others on the market.

https://www.pmbperformance.com/catalog/item...563/6732628.htm
ConeDodger
Eric the brakeman Shea says the Porterfield R4S is the dope... biggrin.gif
914rat
Thanks guys !
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jun 25 2020, 04:01 PM) *

Eric the brakeman Shea says the Porterfield R4S is the dope... biggrin.gif

agree.gif
been running these for a few years, with rebuilt stock calipers from PMB of course, new 19mm master, 205/55-16 Potenza re-11 tires stop on a dime, all per Eric's advice, once had to stop fast experience at octeenerfest 2 years ago in mountains coming down, around a corner on the twisties a 18 wheeler coming up blocking all lanes it was stop fast, head on accident , or go left into a wall of rock or right over a cliff 1000ft down- we stopped with 1ft or less to spare blink.gif aktion035.gif wacko.gif . you can ask Pete my co-pilot (VYSOC) @VYSOC but we stopped with out sliding or locking up, so thanks
Eric for the brakes pads and advice!!!! go with the Porterfield R4S if stock calipers.

Phil
Vysoc
Dr. Phil is correct!

Porterfield R4S Pads are awesome, I ran them on my last 914 2.0 they were very stable and convey a great feel!
That was a bad corner to encounter a gas truck at about 2800 feet!

Vysoc flag.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.