Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Never installed AutoPower u-weld rollcage in SoCal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Tdskip
Now that we know what it is and that it fits a 914 I’m going to list this for sale.

Has been stored in wrapping from manufacturer for 15+ years.

Asking $499 which is less than half what most list for.

Pick up preferred please.

Rollcage discussion here
tornik550
Any chance of shipping it to Ohio? If so- ill take it.
Tdskip
QUOTE(tornik550 @ Jun 25 2020, 02:04 PM) *

I am happy to work with you on it, it’s going to be a bit of a pain to ship but if it helps someone out in the community I’m happy to do the work.

I don’t think Greyhound will take this, my guess is it’s gonna be at least $200 to ship it via UPS or FedEx.

Any other ideas?
mepstein
QUOTE(Tdskip @ Jun 25 2020, 07:02 PM) *

I am happy to work with you on it, it’s going to be a bit of a pain to ship but if it helps someone out in the community I’m happy to do the work.

I don’t think Greyhound will take this, my guess is it’s gonna be at least $200 to ship it via UPS or FedEx.

Any other ideas?

Probably very close on shipping estimate. See if it will fit in a tv box sold at home depot. Still will be oversize and hit the higher shipping charges but it would be easy to pack.
Tdskip
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jun 25 2020, 07:15 PM) *

QUOTE(Tdskip @ Jun 25 2020, 07:02 PM) *

Any other ideas?

Probably very close on shipping estimate. See if it will fit in a tv box sold at home depot. Still will be oversize and hit the higher shipping charges but it would be easy to pack.

Great idea - thank you
Tdskip
Here is what Greyhound estimated it at, still need to check their maximumClick to view attachment dimension against how this would be packed.

That assumes Cleveland, but don't think it will change that much if you are in another part of OH.
Stltri
I have shipped rollbars on Greyhound before.. all they care about is the weight and longest dimension.. how you package it is up to you. What I did was wrap the rollbar in bubblewrap, duct tape foam padding on the top, sides and feet. Then I saran wrap the entire thing multiple times. Alternative to bubblewrap is using old towels or drip cloths (used for painting the house). I have done this recently and Greyhound will only ship station to station, they will not ship door to door because of recent restrictions.
Tdskip
Thanks for that – looks like I’ll be able to get this coast to coast for under $300, less if your west of the Mississippi.

@tornik550 - Please let me know if you’re interested otherwise I’m gonna start actively marketing this.
subie/914
QUOTE(Tdskip @ Jun 24 2020, 06:30 PM) *

Now that we know what it is and that it fits a 914 I’m going to list this for sale.

Rollcage discussion here

Hi Im interested in the roll cage, Im in So Cal also . What city are you in? If its still for sale let me know . I want it ! welder.gif
Tdskip
QUOTE(subie/914 @ Jul 10 2020, 07:34 PM) *

QUOTE(Tdskip @ Jun 24 2020, 06:30 PM) *

Rollcage discussion here

Hi Im interested in the roll cage, Im in So Cal also . What city are you in? If its still for sale let me know . I want it ! welder.gif

Great, it is yours. It is at the warehouse in Orange. Will drop you a PM
2mAn
LMK if the sale falls through
Tdskip
Good morning. Haven’t had follow up on this from yesterday so at this point I assume it is available still.

Going up for broader sale outside of this community this weekend.
Tdskip
Sold!

Excited to see how the buyers build comes together.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.