Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: 74 charcoal canister bracket
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
JamesM
Looking for a 74 charcoal canister bracket . The one that mounts the canister to a stud on the rear engine bay bulkhead. According to the PET this appears to be a VW part also used on Type 1s, only used on 914s in the 74s.
bdstone914
QUOTE(JamesM @ Jun 25 2020, 07:45 AM) *

Looking for a 74 charcoal canister bracket . The one that mounts the canister to a stud on the rear engine bay bulkhead. According to the PET this appears to be a VW part also used on Type 1s, only used on 914s in the 74s.

I think i still have one. It was used on 74 and later when they moved the canister to the engine compartment.
JamesM
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jun 25 2020, 07:37 AM) *

QUOTE(JamesM @ Jun 25 2020, 07:45 AM) *

I think i still have one. It was used on 74 and later when they moved the canister to the engine compartment.

74 only, they changed it again in 75 when they moved the canister yet again from the rear wall to the battery tray. the 75 strap has a hard 90deg bend near the bolt attachment point, the 74 doesent appear to have this bend as the canister hangs directly downward from a stud on the rear bulkhead.

Interestingly enough the 70-73 strap and the 75-76 strap are 914 part numbers but the 74 strap is repurposed VW (113.809.169) according to the PET. going on a bumblebee so trying to keep it original, otherwise i would just move it to the 75 location.

JamesM
This is the one i need:

Click to view attachment

JamesM
Better shot

Click to view attachment
Fosterjoejr
QUOTE(JamesM @ Jun 25 2020, 03:41 PM) *

PM sent.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.