Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: September/October Gathering
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ClayPerrine
All,

I am considering a weekend drive for the late September/Early October timeframe. Where would y'all like to have it? This would be a Non-Event. No entry fees, no T-shirts, no door prizes..etc. Just show up and have a group drive on Saturday.

VegasRacer

I voted for Texas Hill Country. biggrin.gif But that is ONLY if it includes a few laps of COTA. Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

ClayPerrine
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Jun 25 2020, 01:32 PM) *

I voted for Texas Hill Country. biggrin.gif But that is ONLY if it includes a few laps of COTA. Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

You do realize that it costs megabucks to get on the track there. It takes 3 PCA regions and the PCA national club race committee to be able to put together enough $$$ to rent the track.

So don't count on that. Plus, the good twisty roads are NW of Austin and COTA is SE of Austin.

ClayPerrine
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jun 25 2020, 02:39 PM) *

QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Jun 25 2020, 01:32 PM) *

Click to view attachment

You do realize that it costs megabucks to get on the track there. It takes 3 PCA regions and the PCA national club race committee to be able to put together enough $$$ to rent the track.

So don't count on that. Plus, the good twisty roads are NW of Austin and COTA is SE of Austin.

And full disclosure.... Betty's 914 was the first 914 around COTA. It was on Parade laps, and was done at 5 to 10 mph. It has since been around there multiple times.

VegasRacer
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jun 25 2020, 12:39 PM) *

You do realize that it costs megabucks to get on the track there.

Oh yes. I do know very well. Click to view attachment

I have wanted to make a pilgrimage to COTA for a long time. Every year on my events calendar, I pencil in the dates for the Spring & Fall PCA DE's, Formula 1 Race and Hill Country Rallye. Add in some good BBQ chowtime.gif , live music in Austin Click to view attachment , plus a visit to Fredricksburg smilie_flagge6.gif , and I will need more than a week of vacation time to see even a fraction of the items on my dream list.

Someday. popcorn[1].gif
914Sixer
There is one badass twisty road from Bandera to Kerville, 26 miles of o'shit. Texas 173, road is so narrow in the corners NOTHING bigger than a pickup is allowed. Four door long bed truck can just BARELY make corners.
partsguy22
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Jun 25 2020, 09:25 PM) *

There is one badass twisty road from Bandera to Kerville, 26 miles of o'shit. Texas 173, road is so narrow in the corners NOTHING bigger than a pickup is allowed. Four door long bed truck can just BARELY make corners.

16 is what you seek 173 is the large vehicle bypass
And when you get to bandera you can hang a right in to 337 to leaky then 336 to 41 and then 41 to 335 the loop back to kerrville on 337 to 83 to 39
stevend914
QUOTE(partsguy22 @ Jun 25 2020, 10:30 PM) *

QUOTE(914Sixer @ Jun 25 2020, 09:25 PM) *

16 is what you seek 173 is the large vehicle bypass
And when you get to bandera you can hang a right in to 337 to leaky then 336 to 41 and then 41 to 335 the loop back to kerrville on 337 to 83 to 39

Three Twisted Sisters - drove them in Feb
scottthephotog
I've never been to any of those places, so they all sound fun to me!
914Sixer
May have got the number wrong but I remember the drive.
ClayPerrine
icon_bump.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.