Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: Old Bilsteins (full set $150)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
JamesM
$150
Not sure if there will be interest in these but putting them up as i found them interesting.

Set of Bilstiens I pulled form a 74 2.0 car that had been sitting 20+ years. I ran them on one of my cars for a couple years but I do believe they are worn as they produced a softer ride than the brand new ones I replaced them with, and also the resistance between the two rears is uneven. I found them interesting in that they are unlike the Bilsteins you can buy today, particularity the rears in that the groves for the spring perches are cut much lower than the ones available today and the perches themselves then elevate the spring a couple inches. The rears available today have the groves higher on the body and use a more flat spring perch. If someone wanted to REALLY lower the rear end of their 914 I supposed they could use these shocks with the modern spring perches to really drop the rear. also the fronts are yellow with the Bilstein logo vs the new ones that are solid green.

They work, but recommended to just consider them as cores. Bilstiens site lists that they will rebuild them for around a hundred bucks each.

Click to view attachment
JamesM
Here is a comparison shot showing the difference between these and the ones available today.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.