Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: corvette C8 allocation
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
iankarr
What's up guys...

I got a very early allocation from a Rochester, NY dealership for a nicely spec'd C8 in shadow gray metallic with the Z51 package. The car was supposed to be built April 23rd, but GM was thankfully building ventilators instead.

Anyway, I'm now leaning towards another car and before I give the allocation back to the dealership, I thought I'd see if anyone here wants it. I don't have a new build date, but I'm told it will be one of the first to roll out once things are back up to speed.

Apologies if this isn't a "garage" post. Seemed too OT to put it in the 914 classifieds smile.gif

PM me if interested.
buck toenges
I gave mine up. They told me I was going to get it in April. A friend of mine told me that I should have kept it because it would have been a 2020 machine and worth a lot. All I know is that the car would have been worth a lot more then me when my wife found out I put money down for one.

Buck
thelogo
If its not aircooled or doesn't have a clutch
Pedal .... Then its not a real corvair .

What the hell is gm doing over there .

Better not be safe at any speed sad.gif

Just move the engine back to the front . if thats the way their built today
porschetub
GM are being very exclusive about these cars,check out the guy on youtube that is repairing a crashed near new one.....GM refuses to supply him the front chassis legs he needs to replace,other parts he has found used.
IMO the best yet ,they look more European than American,whats the RRP in the US ?,expect there will be speculators buying them sad.gif .
IronHillRestorations
Chevy has come a long way, but I'll bet the first few year models will have a more than a handful of TSB's
Cairo94507
I agree and would wait a couple years to let the prices stabilize and for Chevrolet to work any bugs out of the design. But I would love a Z06. beerchug.gif
gereed75
I suspect the price will settle - likely way higher than the “ introductory reel you in, one time only” current price.
bigkensteele
Headed down to my brother's lake house this weekend (I65 south, got off not too far north of Bowling Green) and saw an orange one driving north and then a few minutes later a whole truck of covered cars. They are pumping them out now.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(bigkensteele @ Jun 29 2020, 11:31 AM) *

Headed down to my brother's lake house this weekend (I65 south, got off not too far north of Bowling Green) and saw an orange one driving north and then a few minutes later a whole truck of covered cars. They are pumping them out now.

Right near Mammoth Cave NP, cool place, we camped there in the westy for almost a week. We weren't planning on staying that long, but got told by locals to stay put because it was a US long weekend. Wow that must be 25 years ago, before we had kids.
We passed the factory when we left.
Tdskip
I don't know guys, I'd not be dismissive of these. Saw one in the wild yesterday and it's pretty well put together and all the testing indicates that they move well. New one of these or a 5+ yr old R8 and I'd probably take this.
Cairo94507
Man, that's a tough call....I love the R8. Until I actually see/drive and inspect the C8 I would have to go with the Audi.
Mikey914
I'm really surprised no one has snapped this up yet.
falcor75
QUOTE(porschetub @ Jun 28 2020, 11:57 PM) *

GM are being very exclusive about these cars,check out the guy on youtube that is repairing a crashed near new one.....GM refuses to supply him the front chassis legs he needs to replace,other parts he has found used.
IMO the best yet ,they look more European than American,whats the RRP in the US ?,expect there will be speculators buying them sad.gif .

I can understand why they wont supply him with those parts. Chances are that they are made from high strength steel that needs very specific welding parameters to retain the material properties. If that guy isnt a licensed repair shop and has access to the actual repair instructions then the integrity of that car is compromised and GM doesnt want it back on the road. Safety regulations is making the cars much more complicated and harder to repair, its not like our old cars where any piece of steel of equal thickness will do.
Rand
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jun 30 2020, 10:46 PM) *

I'm really surprised no one has snapped this up yet.

Why didn't you?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.