Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Started...Runs...Idles...Won't rev! 2.0 with injection
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Robson51
We took the motor out a couple months ago to do oil cooler seals, pushrod tube seals, etc. One thing led to another, and scope creep occurred, with all new connectors on the FI harness, new points, plugs, condensor, cap, rotor, wires, fuel lines, injectors rebuilt. Set the valves, adjusted the TPS, static timed at about 5 degrees btdc. Put the motor back in the car, and it fired up pretty easily. Dwell is sitting at 46 degrees.

It idles, but won't rev. Won't accept any throttle off idle without falling into a big bog. It idles well enough to where I don't think there's a vacuum leak anywhere.

So two questions-

First, when I put a new connector on the Trigger Points connection, I may have switched the two outer wires. It was my only serious brain fade. I asked the question once before about whether it mattered, and was told those two wires were interchangeable, but that doesn't make any sense to me. Did I get them switched? Is the injector timing off?

Second, the PO has clamped off one vacuum port and only had one hose running to the distributor. Which of the two vacuum attachments on the distributor is Advance? The hose is on the barb furthest away from the distributor body.

Given the amazing pool of knowledge in this group, we quit for the night and decided to write an email rather than beat our heads against the wall. I'm sure someone has run into this before-or at least has some ideas about where to go next.

Again-2.0 with injection-

Thanks in advance!

Rob and Bryan
Robson51
bump
TheCabinetmaker
5 degrees won't cut it. 27! You are way retarded!
Robson51
QUOTE(TheCabinetmaker @ Jun 29 2020, 08:26 AM) *

5 degrees won't cut it. 27! You are way retarded!

5 degrees static, not total advance. Can't get it to rev so I can put a timing light on it to set full advance timing
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.