Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: High pitch squeal after warm up?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
steuspeed
I'm getting this high pitch squeal after I start the engine and it warms up. I can't seem to find any vacuum leaks. Any ideas? Stock 73 2.0L.
KSCarrera
QUOTE(steuspeed @ Jul 2 2020, 06:59 AM) *

I'm getting this high pitch squeal after I start the engine and it warms up. I can't seem to find any vacuum leaks. Any ideas? Stock 73 2.0L.

Fanbelt slipping. You can buy a can of belt dressing, which you spray on, that cures that. That's assuming the belt's in good condition - if it isn't, then it's time for a change. smile.gif
steuspeed
QUOTE(KSCarrera @ Jul 2 2020, 12:33 AM) *

Fanbelt slipping. You can buy a can of belt dressing, which you spray on, that cures that. That's assuming the belt's in good condition - if it isn't, then it's time for a change. smile.gif

Yeah, it kind of sounds like that. I'm having a hard time locating the sound. Any way to inspect easily?
rfinegan
EZ to pull the belt off and start it up again...no squeal, you fond the issue. Replace or tighten as needed

QUOTE(steuspeed @ Jul 2 2020, 03:44 AM) *

QUOTE(KSCarrera @ Jul 2 2020, 12:33 AM) *

Yeah, it kind of sounds like that. I'm having a hard time locating the sound. Any way to inspect easily?
Olympic 914
An old trick was to rub some soap or candle wax on it.

76-914
Does the belt sit proud upon the pully or is it flush? beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.