Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Washer reservoir & pump replacement
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
gord
Thank you everyone who's been helpful on my journey of getting this 914 certified and on the road!

My next challenge is replacing the washer reservoir and pump, which a PO removed and replaced with a weird bracket (presumably to mount a universal aftermarket reservoir?) - see the pic below.

I can easily find a reservoir and a 911/924 electric pump on ebay. Does anybody know what size tubing I'll need, and/or what size union nut fits the factory reservoir? Any other potential "gotchas" in trying to fix this system?

Btw, the two wiring loom tubes that are in the way are feeding a pair of audio amps mounted in the front trunk which I'll most likely be removing...

Click to view attachment
914Sixer
Take one of the hose fittings to the local autoparts and see what they have.
14carrot
QUOTE(gord @ Jul 2 2020, 09:56 AM) *

Thank you everyone who's been helpful on my journey of getting this 914 certified and on the road!

My next challenge is replacing the washer reservoir and pump, which a PO removed and replaced with a weird bracket (presumably to mount a universal aftermarket reservoir?) - see the pic below.

I can easily find a reservoir and a 911/924 electric pump on ebay. Does anybody know what size tubing I'll need, and/or what size union nut fits the factory reservoir? Any other potential "gotchas" in trying to fix this system?

Btw, the two wiring loom tubes that are in the way are feeding a pair of audio amps mounted in the front trunk which I'll most likely be removing...

Click to view attachment

Hey Gord, I've got a reservoir if you need one. Evil Bay is probably pricey. blink.gif You should drop by if ever out this way. I'm South of Brantford in the town of Scotland. Hope you can join us at Mosport August 9th for parade laps. Please email me. John
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.