Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: /sex by 9
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
forrestkhaag
My left side speaker enclosure is destroyed due to weak plastic and enlarged screw holes from too many time in and out and a few sessions getting kicked in the grills. I am upgrading to dual cone 6x9's on both sides and am wondering if anyone knows of a source for 6x9 speaker enclosures for 914. Thanks for the insight as to source(s).
beerchug.gif
sb914
Where you been ?
Lucky9146
Have missed your always creative headline style.
driving.gif white914.jpg
drem914
QUOTE(forrestkhaag @ Jul 2 2020, 12:52 PM) *

My left side speaker enclosure is destroyed due to weak plastic and enlarged screw holes from too many time in and out and a few sessions getting kicked in the grills. I am upgrading to dual cone 6x9's on both sides and am wondering if anyone knows of a source for 6x9 speaker enclosures for 914. Thanks for the insight as to source(s).
beerchug.gif

Forrest, Do you have 6x9's in the current enclosures now? I did not think you could actually get them to to fit. 914 rubber has door kick panels to fit 6-1/2" rounds.
if you need replacement kick panels there is someone on FB selling multiple pairs of them named Steve Kantor.
914Sixer
No one that I know of has 6"x9" enclosures.
JmuRiz
+1, the most popular is the 6.5" round enclosures from 914rubber.
Chris914n6
I'm making myself a 6x9 pod for the pass side. Won't fit on the drivers side with the truck release.
If that doesn't sound good then it's custom door panels.
drem914
QUOTE(drem914 @ Jul 2 2020, 03:21 PM) *

QUOTE(forrestkhaag @ Jul 2 2020, 12:52 PM) *

beerchug.gif

Forrest, Do you have 6x9's in the current enclosures now? I did not think you could actually get them to to fit. 914 rubber has door kick panels to fit 6-1/2" rounds.
if you need replacement kick panels there is someone on FB selling multiple pairs of them named Steve Kantor.

If you go the 914 rubber speaker pods I have a set of speakers for you.

Click to view attachment
Coondog
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Jul 2 2020, 05:57 PM) *

+1, the most popular is the 6.5" round enclosures from 914rubber.

I agree, great product.

Mark Henry
What's a good 6.5 speaker?
I just installed the Pioneer speakers and pods that came with MrHydes old car, left speaker is blown and the right sounds like a tin can.
drem914
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Jul 3 2020, 07:33 AM) *

What's a good 6.5 speaker?
I just installed the Pioneer speakers and pods that came with MrHydes old car, left speaker is blown and the right sounds like a tin can.

Polk Audio DB652 speakers

Just swapped out the older Blaupunkt's shown above. Better high end.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.