Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS Black 1976 914 $18500 SOLD
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
shelby/914
1976 Porsche 914 2.0L SOLD

Painted about 8 years ago for probably the 2nd time. Originally black then at some time repainted Burgundy. It was then given a nice driver quality repaint back to black. Both trunks are original.
All new rubber seals were added either from 914 Rubber or a few from Porsche. New Porsche chrome windshield trim. Early bumpers were straightened and re chromed. Reproduction 914 Rubber bumper tops were used. Warts were removed. Pilot fog lights from Camp 914 with original grills. New Hella horns were installed but do not currently work with the MoMo wheel. Euro lights front and back. Four lug Fuchs, plus a spare.

Carpet, back pad and door panels replaced from a low mile wreck. Seats reupholstered using AA Kit by professional shop. Reproduction 914 Rubber dash pad installed. Sony AM/FM 10 pack CD.

Targa has all new rubber seals, but needs to be refinished.

Engine was just gone through using fresh non air injection heads by AJR. Has Euro flattop pistons and barrels. They were honed and re ringed and engine resealed, reassembled by Pats VW in Loveland Colorado. Injectors are all new and a new oil cooler was installed. New Sachs clutch and flywheel. New plug wires, Bowlsby injector and alternator harness. Backdated exhaust and heat with SSI’s. New fuel pump, rebuilt Bosch alternator, Tangerine oil pressure relief valve and SS fuel lines.

F/R Bilsteins, Turbo tie rod ends, 19mm Weltmeister front sway bar factory rear, Cibie H-4 headlights. New brake light switch and fresh fluid flush. 19mm master cylinder.

Spare transmission, 2.0L long block with 4 flow tested injectors + boxes of used, new and reconditioned parts.

No rust in longs or hell hole. I have lots of pix of the car and spare parts whick I can email to you. Going to be difficult to post too many as they were all laken at a high res

Found some old pix of the longs before it was painted and the hell hole. posted below

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
shelby/914
Click to view attachment

shelby/914
Click to view attachment

shelby/914
Click to view attachment
brcacti
Great looking car driving.gif
rhodyguy
The black with the brown is a stunner. shocked[1].gif
DANNYMAC
Where is this car ?
rhodyguy
Foxfield Colorado?
shelby/914
Yes! Foxfield, Colorado. A town of a little over one sq mile between Aurora and Parker Colorado. In other words a Denver suburb.

Dan

sorry for being a smart ass but no one in Denver knows where it's at either.
JOEPROPER
I lived there for 2 years and never heard of it either.
DANNYMAC
Yeah 76 it would never pass smog in CA great buy if you don't live in CA
shelby/914
Found some old pix of the longs, none of the hell hole yet, but it is solid

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

shelby/914
As requested, I finally found some hell hole pix.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Ferg
Great car great price great seller. No brainer purchase for some lucky individual.
Cairo94507
If that was a '75 it would be sold. But in CA it would have to be smogged.
mrholland2
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Jul 21 2020, 01:39 PM) *

If that was a '75 it would be sold. But in CA it would have to be smogged.

Would those generic cats make it pass?
shelby/914
The car was not originally a catalytic converter car according to the sticker on the door jam. At some point it lived in Ca an a cat was added. I think I still have it out in the barn. It was added to the original '76 style exhaust. It now has back dated exhaust with SSIs. Passed Ca Etest in '03 when all original equipment was still installed. Do have the heads, exhaust and air pump.

Dan
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.