Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nut with clip holding in place
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
StratPlayer
The nut that the door pocket attaches to on the drivers side door pocket that has a clip on the nut to hold it in place came off. How in the hell do to put it back, no room for my hand to fit up in there. Is there a method for putting that nut with the clip back in place. Its the nut at the rear of the door pocket.
rgalla9146
The only way is to remove the door panel.
The captive nut can then be reinstalled.
Before installing the nut 'widen' it by pushing the sides apart.
Then squeeze the sides together just enough to insert it from inside the door.
StratPlayer
Door panel already removed, can't get my hand in the opening to install the clip with nut
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Jul 3 2020, 01:40 PM) *

Door panel already removed, can't get my hand in the opening to install the clip with nut

Your hand is too big. I can put them in with no issues.

Borrow a small child and have them install the clip nut (not kidding).

Clay
76-914
1st Roll up the window. You can fish one side in then screw in the bolt pull with pliers and push in from the back, IIRC. You going to RRC this year Jim?
dt4
I had the same problem
I managed it by taking the nuts off the window regulator and pushing it back to i could get my hand in
914werke
Should be obvious but one issue I see often with that fastener is cracking of the sheet metal allowing any pulling on the pocket to yank the captive nut out again & again
StratPlayer
QUOTE(76-914 @ Jul 3 2020, 01:12 PM) *

1st Roll up the window. You can fish one side in then screw in the bolt pull with pliers and push in from the back, IIRC. You going to RRC this year Jim?

Thanks kent that worked great. Not sure about the RRC we'll see as the event gets closer.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.