Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 for sale
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
AlanG
Did I miss a "memo"? That's a nice car but the price is in the "/6" range. confused24.gif
brcacti
QUOTE(AlanG @ Jul 4 2020, 07:51 PM) *

Did I miss a "memo"? That's a nice car but the price is in the "/6" range. confused24.gif

Yes, I was thinking the same thing but maybe it is like new ?
drem914
At 16K miles it had better be new.
FRUNKenstein
Steering wheel’s definitely not “like new”, but hey, how often would you even look at that? wacko.gif
gturner008
Price is in line with some recent high end auctions. The BaT $50k car was significantly below the standard of this car.

I can see this car being sold for this amount. It reminds me of seeing 911T and S at $70k a few years ago. Folks were shocked at this price back then. As everyone knows, they now sell for $150k or much more. I’m not saying that’s what is going to happen with 914, but I do think the number of cars of this pedigree are few and far between.

There’s probably a handful of cars left. Maybe less than 20 like this one.
rhodyguy
'What Drivers are Saying' from Tim in 2012. Out of a 1.8...40mpg and still pulling at 140mph. What a bs.gif ad. How many times a year can a sheep be fleeced? That kind of money over THOSE pictures? I don't think so. Is the AC functional? If not, it's just hacked up body work with holes all over the place.
73-914
I would expect nothing less from a "Stealership"

I also like the correct radio
dhuckabay
QUOTE(73-914 @ Jul 5 2020, 06:28 AM) *

I would expect nothing less from a "Stealership"

I also like the correct radio

They do get a price, or at least ask it. They do seem to find low mileage cars

Was wondering on the radio, didn't remember CD in 76. Seems like it kills the chance of concours.
Jett
I hope this car sells for a lot, which means ours is worth much more smile.gif

Not super impressed with the pictures or the CD Player - lol. Looks like it was painted as well, the VIN sticker was tapped at some point?

I am not familiar with air conditioning, but the center console looks off as well.
FlacaProductions
They do seem to find low mile cars, for sure - interesting. Google the owner/phone number listed in Boone, IA and it appears the owner is still there....wonder what he sold it for.
dhuckabay
QUOTE(FlacaProductions @ Jul 5 2020, 09:20 AM) *

They do seem to find low mile cars, for sure - interesting. Google the owner/phone number listed in Boone, IA and it appears the owner is still there....wonder what he sold it for.

The seller sold it for $38,500. I was a little late getting to it. Has about 150 miles more than he had on it.

Pretty sure it is the same one but the seller was in Russell Ohio. Can't be a lot of 16000 mile silver cars out there.

Looks like a 100% mark up is the norm for the dealer.
Cairo94507
They have a stack of receipts to go with the car. Steering wheel does look used for more than 16K too. I am going to make an educated guess and say 116K miles. If it only had 16K why would it have needed so much work? beerchug.gif
dcheek
QUOTE(FRUNKenstein @ Jul 4 2020, 09:06 PM) *

Steering wheel’s definitely not “like new”, but hey, how often would you even look at that? wacko.gif

I have a '76 with 25,000 miles on it. I'm the original owner and my wheel has a funky look to it to. Not quite as bad as this one but still funky.

Dave
pete000
Nice car, Nice price...GLWS
IronHillRestorations
I can see a perfect original car pulling that. As nice as it looks, there's more to the story. This car has been painted, just look at the Karman tag in the door jamb. I think I'm in the "A/C hurts the value" camp; for a car I'm going to use, yes; but a $76k collector car? That's a no from me dog
brcacti
Insurance on a $76,000 car would be expensive too and it would be a requirment with the resent fire problem we have seen.
gturner008
I’ve just listed in the classified here my 914. Spookily also for $76k.

Go check it out. I’ve also provided a link to about 100 detailed photos. My car is certainly original paint, certainly just 39k miles and has all documentation. It’s as original as you can get.

I would say this wouldn’t I, but I’d go with my car over this dealer’s car.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.