Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New video - total dash restoration
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
iankarr
Hope everyone's having a great holiday weekend.

Here's a start-to-finish DIY for restoring the dash (on my bumblebee). It's a straightfowrard DIY and you can do it in a weekend. Thanks to 914 Rubber for making great parts and sponsoring this build. Have a happy and safe holiday!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uP1IA944nyM

ben*james
Another great video!

Do passenger side mirror install next wink.gif
ValcoOscar
Great job Ian.

smilie_pokal.gif

Oscar
Big Len
I have no reason for touching my dash and I watched till the end. Informative and entertaining.
cassmcentee
Thank you Ian!
Your timing couldn't have been any better as I JUST ordered the material.
Much appreciated!
Cass
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
iankarr
Thanks, guys!

@cassmcentee Glad it's gonna come in handy. I like that these videos will live up there forever and help future owners. Use that brake cleaner trick to remove the metal face... Mine was mangled, but since yours is pristine, save it...

@big len ... nice to know my hypnosis lessons are working smile.gif hahaha

@ben *james I may put a passenger side mirror in my ravenna car. Pretty short video tho.. just use a punch from below through the center of the nuts which are already in the car, and then drill from the punch mark on top with progressively larger bits till the screws go in.

@valcooscar Miss ya and my SoCal pals. Hope this craziness stops so I can travel again...
cassmcentee
Thanks Ian, I used a sharp Razor Blade and cut thru the DblStick last night, came free cleanly, then used the razor blade to scrape the rezidue off, worked well!
Mikey914
Great video. Thanks Ian!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.