Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Mechanic In Maryland (Baltimore) Wanted
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mech914
Does anyone know a good and reasonable mechanic in or around Baltimore who can remove and replace a 914 4 cylinder engine? My friend has a rebuilt engine, he just needs someone to remove the old engine and install the rebuilt engine. Thanks!
nditiz1
QUOTE(mech914 @ Jul 5 2020, 06:14 AM) *

Does anyone know a good and reasonable mechanic in or around Baltimore who can remove and replace a 914 4 cylinder engine? My friend has a rebuilt engine, he just needs someone to remove the old engine and install the rebuilt engine. Thanks!

Not sure if you can get it up to Desmond's in Parkville, but the owner is an aircooled expert and while mainly works on Type 1, I'm sure he'd have no problem doing the swap. I am about to do an engine drop on mine if you can get the car to Mount Airy you can barrow the tools needed.

Outside of those two options Cuddy K (Ian) did a really nice step-by-step video on dropping the engine on a 74.
mepstein
I would PM jaredmcginness on this site. More than capable and probably less than shop rates. Very good guy.
@jaredmcginness
Manny Alban
GT Performance in Emmorton (probably about 20 minutes north of Baltimore) has worked on my Porsches (including my 73 914) for the past twenty years. Pretty easy job on a lift. www.gtprace.com
crash914
I can help if you would like. In marriottsville, 21104.
Have lift and trailer.
let me know.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.