Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jack receiver or donut mounting point repair first?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tdskip
So I made the “mistake” of looking more carefully at my problem child blue 914 today. When the DPO tried to repair the hell how damage they put a flat piece of metal where the passenger side rear donut goes.

They also used an incorrect piece of metal where the jacking point goes.

I have good long/jack receiver donor metal as pictured.

So - am I better off replacing the donut area or the jack receive point of the long?

Thanks!

Click to view attachment
BPic
Thinking on how they fit on the car I don’t think it matters. The donut and triangle fit on the inside of the long seam and the part you have is outside. If you’re using the entire piece and not just a jack point I would probably do that part first just because I like to do the bigger things first.
Tdskip
QUOTE(BPic @ Jul 5 2020, 02:51 PM) *

Thinking on how they fit on the car I don’t think it matters. The donut and triangle fit on the inside of the long seam and the part you have is outside. If you’re using the entire piece and not just a jack point I would probably do that part first just because I like to do the bigger things first.

Thank you for the reply and hope you had a good Fourth of July.

I was leaning towards that section as well because it should make it easier to fit it properly because it has all the factory points on it still making it easier to lineup.

Thanks again for the response.
euro911
A good mod that I do ... enlarge the existing weep hole to allow better drainage and add a second weep hole at the opposite end ...

Click to view attachment
Tdskip
Great tip Mark, thanks
bkrantz
I did the same mod. Makes it possible to actually flush out dirt.
Tdskip
Thanks for the confirmation.

Ordered the metal repair piece, interestingly these are apparently not support to be used for jacking points according to an earlier thread here.
euro911
QUOTE(Tdskip @ Jul 5 2020, 08:09 PM) *

Ordered the metal repair piece, interestingly these are apparently not support to be used for jacking points according to an earlier thread here.
HUH? confused24.gif

Every VW I've owned (including the 914) uses a similar jacking method ... that's where the stock VW jack fits popcorn[1].gif
Tdskip
QUOTE(euro911 @ Jul 6 2020, 02:17 AM) *

QUOTE(Tdskip @ Jul 5 2020, 08:09 PM) *

HUH? confused24.gif

Every VW I've owned (including the 914) uses a similar jacking method ... that's where the stock VW jack fits popcorn[1].gif

Hi Mark. I'm referencing this thread;

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=344274
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.