Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Angle gear
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Leebob
Has anyone ever use the reproduction angle gear for the speedo from Auto Atlanta or other suppliers how good they are and how long do they last
Mikey914
Pretty sure they are all from the same manufacturer. As far as I have heard they are OK.
Leebob
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jul 5 2020, 09:40 PM) *

Pretty sure they are all from the same manufacturer. As far as I have heard they are OK.

I bought the one that auto Atlanta is offering for $49 installed just fine but unfortunately it broke less than 300 miles I have sent it back and they're sending me a replacement
bdstone914
@Leebob
' date='Jul 7 2020, 08:34 AM' post='2831743']
[quote name='Mikey914' post='2831301' date='Jul 5 2020, 09:40 PM']
[/quote]
I bought the one that auto Atlanta is offering for $49 installed just fine but unfortunately it broke less than 300 miles I have sent it back and they're sending me a replacement
[/quote]

Is AA selling a Chinese repro? The label should state the country of origin.
VDO is the original supplier and they are $167 at Pelican.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
they are great, put one on a drill with a speedometer and ran it day and night for four days, never missed a beat. We love them

QUOTE(Leebob @ Jul 5 2020, 07:16 PM) *

Has anyone ever use the reproduction angle gear for the speedo from Auto Atlanta or other suppliers how good they are and how long do they last

dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jul 7 2020, 02:58 PM) *

they are great, put one on a drill with a speedometer and ran it day and night for four days, never missed a beat. We love them, and never had one fail. They are made in India by a internationally known instrument manufacturer. We will see what the previously stated drive looks like

dr914@autoatlanta.com
Have never had a failure, we will see what is up here.

QUOTE(Leebob @ Jul 7 2020, 08:34 AM) *

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jul 5 2020, 09:40 PM) *

Montreal914
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jul 7 2020, 03:00 PM) *

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jul 7 2020, 02:58 PM) *

they are great, put one on a drill with a speedometer and ran it day and night for four days, never missed a beat. We love them, and never had one fail. They are made in India by a internationally known instrument manufacturer. We will see what the previously stated drive looks like

Four days, WOW! That's about a 1 1/2 month of a couple hour per day commute. Not very impressive life time test... rolleyes.gif
Mikey914
Well, really depends on the RPM. If you were spinning at a rate equivalent to say 60 mph, that's still less than 6,000 miles.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.