Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 Flywheel O-ring Size
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Movin6
I am finally reassembling my 914-6 after the Dr Evil transaxle rebuild clinic. I do not recall seeing an O-ring between the flywheel and crankshaft when I dissembled.

What size is the O-ring? It appears to go in the inner grove as shown in the pic.

Appears to be 27mm OD, 22mm ID, 2.5mm cross section. Or should I say my kit has one about that size that fits.

Does anyone have the exact size? Click to view attachment
Movin6
Pic of empty groove.Click to view attachment
roblav1
Do you mean a dowel pin? If I recall correctly, no dowel pin. Only 6 brand new flywheel bolts.
sixnotfour
Pilot Bearing
Retroracer
agree.gif

Pilot bearing receptacle on flywheel. Pelican has them,

- Tony
roblav1
Ha ha! I thought his finger was pointing at a flywheel bolt hole!
Movin6
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jul 6 2020, 11:50 AM) *

Pilot Bearing

Thanks! I found my bushing and new pilot bearing. (This is what happens with long delays between take apart and put together, LOL.)

Not obvious where the O-ring would go? I assume between the flywheel and crankshaft? The outer grove is barely a grove, and is way more than the 58mm mentioned for OD.

I believe this is the original -6 flywheel. (Yes has been machined / resurfaced.)
roblav1
There's no o-ring in there at all. Do you mean the rear crankshft seal?
Movin6
QUOTE(roblav1 @ Jul 6 2020, 02:50 PM) *

I'm starting to think that. Maybe this diagram is for a 914-4? 58mm Item 18 in diagram below.

Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
rgalla9146
QUOTE(Movin6 @ Jul 6 2020, 03:09 PM) *

QUOTE(roblav1 @ Jul 6 2020, 02:50 PM) *

I'm starting to think that. Maybe this diagram is for a 914-4? 58mm Item 18 in diagram below.

Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment

4 cyl.
Movin6
Thanks for all the replies. So no O-Ring on a 914-6. (Only on a -4.)

Is there a felt washer? If so, I assume it goes between the pilot bearing and the 6-hole washer / plate, correct?

Thanks!
porschetub
QUOTE(Movin6 @ Jul 9 2020, 05:00 PM) *

Thanks for all the replies. So no O-Ring on a 914-6. (Only on a -4.)

Is there a felt washer? If so, I assume it goes between the pilot bearing and the 6-hole washer / plate, correct?

Thanks!

Not that I know of but my flywheel isn't a 914/6 one but 911 2.2T,no "o" ring in mine.
The felt washer is built into the pilot bearing.
What concerns me is the machined surface that mates to the flywheel appears to have been sandblasted ?? is that just me or just the photo?.
Cheers.
Movin6
Looks like the felt washer is #6 in the "bush complete" listed as 901 102 025 01

Will check what's in mine when I remove the old bearing from the bushing, likely guess at size to replace it. Click to view attachment
Movin6
QUOTE(porschetub @ Jul 9 2020, 01:34 AM) *

What concerns me is the machined surface that mates to the flywheel appears to have been sandblasted ?? is that just me or just the photo?.
Cheers.

No sandblasting - just happened to sparkle for the pic! ;-)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.