Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Weld the heat shield on replace rear trunk panel first?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tdskip
Hi guys - hope everyone had a fun and safe weekend.

The blue 74 is about to receive a trunk patch, not due to rust but because it had been converted to an EV and that’s where a battery pack went, it’s also missing its heat shield.

Should I get the heat shield welded on to this replacement trunk piece before putting the replacement trunk piece in, or is it better to do the heat shield separately afterwards?

Thanks!

Click to view attachment
Spoke
I bolted the heat shield to the bottom of the trunk pan. There was a thread not long ago and several guys showed their solutions with removable heat shields.
Tdskip
QUOTE(Spoke @ Jul 6 2020, 12:54 PM) *

I bolted the heat shield to the bottom of the trunk pan. There was a thread not long ago and several guys showed their solutions with removable heat shields.

Thanks - remember that one but since I have unusually good access thought I'd ask.

Hope you had a good weekend.
BillC
My vote is to bolt the heat shield on. That way, you can remove the shield easily as needed, to clean behind it or to work on something underneath the trunk.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.