Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oil Cooler
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ian Stott
looking to add a remote oil cooler, yes I know I am in Canada and some may think I will not need one but we get hot weather too! Plus I do go south where it is hotter, once it just shut off in Connecticut, pulled over, waited til it cooled down and vroom, it was a hot day!

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
mepstein
That sounds like vapor lock, not hot oil. If the oil is so hot that your engine shuts down, it’s a BIG problem.
Ian Stott
I think you are right about the vapor lock, since that happened I had a hose mod that directs hot air away from the fuel pump, have not had a problem since. Would like to have a remote oil cooler with a fan and thermostat, was wondering which one is recommended by members here who have one.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada

Planning a long trip in the teener which will see me in Arizona at some point, gotta wait for a Covid vaccine now! That is why I am interested in extra cooling.
mepstein
Do you have an oil temp gauge? Even hooking up a temporary one might give you some insight to your actual temps. Glad you figured out the problem. It’s happened on both of the early stock fours that I’ve owned and daily drove.
Cairo94507
I see really only two ways to do this: 1. The under the rear trunk version and there are multiple threads on those. 2. Much more costly, is the GT replica front oil cooler with the lines running up along the longs and into the trunk. Probably the most efficient cooler system available and often used in the 6 crowd. That's what I have in my car. But you are probably looking at $3K to do it right. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.