Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: 74 1.8 AAR rubber elbow
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
CoronaMike
Hi y'all.
So mine is cracked and I can't seem to find any for sale from the usual suspects. Does anyone have one in good condition or know a place that has new ones?Click to view attachment
StarBear
Yeah, same with me about a year ago. Go figure. Found some rubber elbow from a BMW or something that fit without crimping too much.
CoronaMike
QUOTE(StarBear @ Jul 6 2020, 07:58 PM) *

Yeah, same with me about a year ago. Go figure. Found some rubber elbow from a BMW or something that fit without crimping too much.

It's a simple, yet, kind of important part. I'm surprised 914 Rubber doesn't carry it.
jim_hoyland
Pierside Parts in HB may have or get for you
(714) 848-8868

17031 Newland Street
Huntington Beach CA 92647
United States

Also, bus depot on-line
Mikey914
We do ,
Thanks Cary
CoronaMike
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jul 7 2020, 02:47 AM) *

We do ,
Thanks Cary

@mikey914 I actually just bought one of those - but it's not the same thing. That's for a 1.7 or 2.0 and it goes in a different spot. It has smaller openings. For some reason I didn't read the description when i bought it. BUT...I have one now just in case...? smile.gif
CoronaMike
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jul 6 2020, 10:35 PM) *

Pierside Parts in HB may have or get for you
(714) 848-8868

17031 Newland Street
Huntington Beach CA 92647
United States

Also, bus depot on-line

Thanks Jim - I'll check them out!

Mike
Mikey914
QUOTE(CoronaMike @ Jul 7 2020, 07:39 AM) *

We do ,
Thanks Cary

@mikey914 I actually just bought one of those - but it's not the same thing. That's for a 1.7 or 2.0 and it goes in a different spot. It has smaller openings. For some reason I didn't read the description when i bought it. BUT...I have one now just in case...? smile.gif

Feel free to drop it back I will issue a refund no problem. I will look at making these if I can't find one. I'll look around today and see if I can find one. I'll let you know.
Mark
StarBear
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jul 7 2020, 11:18 AM) *

QUOTE(CoronaMike @ Jul 7 2020, 07:39 AM) *

We do ,
Thanks Cary

Feel free to drop it back I will issue a refund no problem. I will look at making these if I can't find one. I'll look around today and see if I can find one. I'll let you know.
Mark

@Mikey914 Mark - I may have kept my old, cracked one (for 1.8L) as a taped backup spare. If you'd like to use as a production guide, just let me know.
JamesM
QUOTE(CoronaMike @ Jul 7 2020, 06:39 AM) *

We do ,
Thanks Cary

What is the hose ID on the one that came out?

The elbows I received from 914 rubber fit both the early and late AARs that i have around here (along with most other hose connections on my 2.0s and 1.7s. They do have to stretch a bit to make the connection but that is necessary as it needs to be an air tight seal. Per the 1.8 hose diagram that i have all those hoses from the AAR on a 1.8 should be 13mm(which these fit) only hose I see that is larger on the 1.8 is from the Decel Valve. Are you sure your hose routing is correct?
CoronaMike

The connecting 'tube' that connects to the hose that goes to the air intake boot fits snug on one side - but I think the original elbow has a bigger opening on the Aux Air Reg side. I haven't tried to cram it on yet - but by looking at the old one - the opening looks considerably bigger. I'll have to see if I can get it on there.

Here's a picture of the "engine crankcase breather elbow" from 914 rubber next to the actual part from the car.

@mikey914 Thanks for the option to return. smile.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
CoronaMike
@jamesM was right.

It's a tight squeeze - but this looks like it should work.

Thanks everyone. smile.gif

Click to view attachment
cary
I have a sample for Mark to pickup today when he's here.

Click to view attachment
Mikey914
On the way
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.