Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Air filter system.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jakester1
Has anyone tried the replacement air filter made by MSDS for the '70 & '71, 1.7 L engine to replace the oil bath filter ❓
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(Jakester1 @ Jul 7 2020, 08:04 AM) *

Has anyone tried the replacement air filter made by MSDS for the '70 & '71, 1.7 L engine to replace the oil bath filter ❓

No, but if it's from Marty/MSDS, I wouldn't hesitate.
thelogo
QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ Jul 7 2020, 11:16 AM) *

QUOTE(Jakester1 @ Jul 7 2020, 08:04 AM) *

No, but if it's from Marty/MSDS, I wouldn't hesitate.

Msds ....yes .... K and n ...no

But supposedly you can use a old folgers coffee can
Base as a adaptader to use more modern filters that are actually available. When i had my 1.7 i ran that setup lol-2.gif

Shout out to the cheap sob
914_teener
You can buy a FRAM filter that fits the plastic stock housing for the late 1.7.

You will have to locate one and when I say late that would be specific to the 73 1.7.
Maltese Falcon
Our msds,inc high-flow air filter system will never look stock (if that is the goal), but on an 80bhp (approx) engine...every "Bean for the buck" you install on it increases the driving experience/ plus these re-clean and are totally re-useable ! ...not a K+N brand filter, ours are USA mfg and built with higher CFM flow rate.
914 1.7L kit shown on the left in pic
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.