Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Question on the round engine air filter and project update
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
macnichol
Hi all, I have the stock engine air filter pieces but I need to buy a filter. The local retail auto shops do not carry this part, where do most people find theirs? Also, I’ve included some pictures of my engine bay and the filter housing, am I missing some hoses that connect to the housing? I can see I’m missing hoses that I think go to the heat blower motor but I’m only concerned about getting the engine to start to begin with. I’ve replaced plugs and wires so far, previous owner was still running the **original** cloth covered wires which was amazing, in combo with mismatched platinum plugs, which I’ve come to understand is a big nono on these cars. Hope to update soon, after I get 1) the oil and filter changed and 2) the old fuel out of the gas tank and fuel filter changed.
Jamie
QUOTE(macnichol @ Jul 7 2020, 02:56 PM) *

Hi all, I have the stock engine air filter pieces but I need to buy a filter. The local retail auto shops do not carry this part, where do most people find theirs? Also, I’ve included some pictures of my engine bay and the filter housing, am I missing some hoses that connect to the housing? I can see I’m missing hoses that I think go to the heat blower motor but I’m only concerned about getting the engine to start to begin with. I’ve replaced plugs and wires so far, previous owner was still running the **original** cloth covered wires which was amazing, in combo with mismatched platinum plugs, which I’ve come to understand is a big nono on these cars. Hope to update soon, after I get 1) the oil and filter changed and 2) the old fuel out of the gas tank and fuel filter changed.

I suspect your teener is a 1973 like mine, as that apparently was the only year for the round paper air cleaners. My housing is somewhat different from yours, is yours an oil bath type? The exact paper replacement was hard for me to find, and was lucky to find the last 2 available at NAPA several years ago. . bye1.gif
macnichol

Interesting, it's a model year 1970, maybe the p/o put the '73 airbox on? Yes, it's the old oil bath type. Maybe if I can't find a replacement filter anywhere, it would be more effective to just get a generic cone intake instead.
jcd914
Just clean and re-oil your "oil bath" filter, they work fine.

Jim
Aualexa1
I think autoatlanta carries the round air filter.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.