Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: AFR sensor location...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MikeM
Hi all...does anyone have any photos of an AFR sensor installed on a 2.0 liter with factory heat exchangers and muffler?
Thanks!!
nditiz1
QUOTE(MikeM @ Jul 8 2020, 08:10 AM) *

Hi all...does anyone have any photos of an AFR sensor installed on a 2.0 liter with factory heat exchangers and muffler?
Thanks!!

This is where I mounted mine. The most ideal is one on each side, close as possible to the heads to get the most accurate mixture.

IPB Image

IPB Image
Porschef
That’s pretty much the same place that I mounted mine. Seems to work fine beerchug.gif
MikeM
I guess that's where it will have to go...no good place before the muffler!!
Thanks
JamesM
I would have recommended the opposite side, as far away from the actual tailpipe that you can get, especially if you are trying to do any tuning with it. What I have seen with the sensor close to the tip like that is fresh air makes its way back in the tailpipe at idle/lower speeds providing invalid readings.

Stock style mufflers are really not ideal for getting good readings from a wideband. If you are doing actual tuning (aftermarket injection etc) rather than just installing a gauge I would recommend picking up a used Bursch or something else with a collector before the muffler to use while turning and then swap back to your stock exhaust when done.

QUOTE(nditiz1 @ Jul 8 2020, 07:42 AM) *

IPB Image

Frank S
[quote name='JamesM' date='Jul 9 2020, 12:53 AM' post='2832142']
I would have recommended the opposite side, as far away from the actual tailpipe that you can get, especially if you are trying to do any tuning with it. What I have seen with the sensor close to the tip like that is fresh air makes its way back in the tailpipe at idle/lower speeds providing invalid readings.

Stock style mufflers are really not ideal for getting good readings from a wideband. If you are doing actual tuning (aftermarket injection etc) rather than just installing a gauge I would recommend picking up a used Bursch or something else with a collector before the muffler to use while turning and then swap back to your stock exhaust when done.

I would 100% agree with the above.
BR
Frank
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.