Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: found this you tube video
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TargaToy
“Vacuum actuated headlights.” lol-2.gif
gereed75
Nice car. Love steelies
dr914@autoatlanta.com
hard to find an original 914 as they were inexpensive and well used. This one is almost there:
sloppy repaint
rust proofing holes and rust proofing tar all over
rockers have been off
bursch exhaust
incorrect rear valance
clutch needs adjustment
extra red hot wire in engine compartment
wing bolt missing for air cleaner
rear bumper has been rechromed
also this is a very very early car so has the carryover round heater control lever knob rather than the trapezoidal one mandated for all 72 914 models
KELTY360
The owner really didn’t know a lot about the car; note his incomplete knowledge of the appearance group and the “vacuum headlights” as noted earlier. Was interesting to see one of the brochures showing a non-appearance group -4 with body color bumpers, targa bar and targa bar trim. Later in the same brochure it showed a 914-6 with a black painted bumper.
Overall it was an interesting video even with mediocre knowledge of the car.
brcacti
Yeah "vacuum" headlights? Which cars had them? 914s were electric and Opel GT I think were manual with a bar pull or push or similar? George, how did you find out so much about this car?, have you seen this one up close in person?
dr914@autoatlanta.com
I was just looking at the video. Have never seen the car in the flesh.

QUOTE(brcacti @ Jul 9 2020, 01:11 PM) *

Yeah "vacuum" headlights? Which cars had them? 914s were electric and Opel GT I think were manual with a bar pull or push or similar? George, how did you find out so much about this car?, have you seen this one up close in person?

pete000
Bummer about the paint quality. Not a fan of the Ziebart rust proofing holes either.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.