Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCA event at Heartland Park Ks
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Verruckt
Lot's of cool cars and people. Was hotter than hell! I wondered why I drink 8 bottles of water and never had to go to the bathroom... idea.gif

Met Johnman and his dad. Cool guys. Enjoyed meeting both of you.

Now for the cars...

Anybody ever see a pic of this one before?

Verruckt
A nice 914. VERY low
Verruckt
the tiger getting ready to be passed..
Verruckt
some vintage iron
Verruckt
John out during the late morning DE

Oh, and just to clear up some misconceptions. Central Kansas is very flat. I hope that clears things up. rolleyes.gif
Verruckt
This yellow car was interesting. The driver (cant remember his name) was from Colorado if I remember right. Nice guy. Apparently the previous owner built this car for the Silver State Classic. Had some interesting mods to it.
Verruckt
Note the non-factory firewall. Added quite a bit of clearance in there.
Verruckt
These ducts were what really caught my eye. This passenger side one held the tranny cooler. The other side was open, and just helped to get fresh air in the engine compartment.
Verruckt
This guy had made his own linkage for his 915. Some 911 parts, some 914 parts, and apparently alot of trial and error. he said it worked really well.

Verruckt
More of John's car
Verruckt
gassing up
Verruckt
this car was LOW. The axles were actually tilted up going from the trans to the wheels. Maybe the engine was set lower in the chassis?
Verruckt
I love those Sheridan kits. biggrin.gif

Verruckt
This guy was from Colorado also. If I remember right, his last name was Tutey?

Brant, is this the guy you were talking about? I'll have to check that other thread when I get a chance. Really nice car. Stock 2 liter. This car looked to basically be a street car with numbers. Owner said he had owned it since the early 80's. I liked his oil cooler setup. No cutting required. Might be a bit low for a street car though.
Verruckt
Another
Verruckt
Somebody here had this clean teener. They are from the KC area by looking at the county on the plate. Anyone recognize this car and know the owner?

Verruckt
another
Verruckt
"The Boxsters are coming..."

When this guy came in from one of the sprints, his calipers were on verge of glowing. What a lovely smell that was. He had big reds up front.
Verruckt
This was a nice vantage point down at the end of the front straight. Some cars were catching air here... was a small crowd checking it out.

Verruckt
This car was sick fast
SpecialK
You got some great pics there! beerchug.gif

Might get there next year....it's on the list. wink.gif

Muchas Gracias!
Verruckt
Air anyone?
Verruckt
Cup car? Kind of hard to get pics of this one at the end of the front straight... wacko.gif
Verruckt
These two were at each others throats for quite a while
Verruckt
Finally! Home sweet home. I am beat.
Verruckt
QUOTE (Special_K @ Jul 10 2005, 09:45 PM)
You got some great pics there! beerchug.gif

Might get there next year....it's on the list. wink.gif

Muchas Gracias!

Definitely, let me know. I'll for sure be there next year, and again for the Runoffs.
brant
Killer pictures...
really good shots..

John, your car is beautiful... very nice.

the red and white GT teeners are bobby dahlstrom and tony clinton.

they used to be room mates and both lived in boulder.
started out club racing a shared car which morphed into the red car that Bobby still has. Tony built the white car from scratch so that they could run against each other.

Tony moved away (phoenix I think) but still is an honorary coloradoan. Both of those cars are AJRS cars more or less. I think AJ did the motors and the suspension on them. They have the custom front coil overs and usually he does drop the motors a little bit lower.

The yellow car was originally from vegas and John Pederson knows it. It was bought by mike and genny hemingway. Mike is a true 914 addict and quite the master engineer. There is nothing in that car that he hasn't made 3 different times and got to work pretty darn well. He even builds his own motors. They are really great people and would give you the shirt off their back if it would help you finish an event. They have even trailered back other colorado peoples broken cars from topeka, and drove their car on the street to make room in the trailer. But I think that was a few years ago when their car was more of a production one.

Yep the white 222 is dale tutey. He is a really excellent driver. His lap times are very respectable, and a lot about that car is pretty stock. I think I've only beat him 1 time ever... which took me about 10 years of trying to get accomplished.

Man, next year I want to come out.
hope to see you then
brant
bernbomb914
heres a couple of pics of the yellow car I took at calif. speedway a couple of years ago. It was very fast.

Bernie
bernbomb914
zz
Verruckt
QUOTE (brant @ Jul 11 2005, 09:04 AM)
Killer pictures...
really good shots..

John, your car is beautiful... very nice.

the red and white GT teeners are bobby dahlstrom and tony clinton.

they used to be room mates and both lived in boulder.
started out club racing a shared car which morphed into the red car that Bobby still has. Tony built the white car from scratch so that they could run against each other.

Tony moved away (phoenix I think) but still is an honorary coloradoan. Both of those cars are AJRS cars more or less. I think AJ did the motors and the suspension on them. They have the custom front coil overs and usually he does drop the motors a little bit lower.

The yellow car was originally from vegas and John Pederson knows it. It was bought by mike and genny hemingway. Mike is a true 914 addict and quite the master engineer. There is nothing in that car that he hasn't made 3 different times and got to work pretty darn well. He even builds his own motors. They are really great people and would give you the shirt off their back if it would help you finish an event. They have even trailered back other colorado peoples broken cars from topeka, and drove their car on the street to make room in the trailer. But I think that was a few years ago when their car was more of a production one.

Yep the white 222 is dale tutey. He is a really excellent driver. His lap times are very respectable, and a lot about that car is pretty stock. I think I've only beat him 1 time ever... which took me about 10 years of trying to get accomplished.

Man, next year I want to come out.
hope to see you then
brant

Thanks Brant. Actually you don't know how many I wasted because my cam is so slow. I had about 50 shots of the tail of alot of those cars. rolleyes.gif

Yeah, Mike and Dale were both class guys. More than happy to talk and share info on their cars. Never got to talk to Bobby and Tony. They were on the other side of the pits, and when I was on that side they were busy so..

Difinitely if you're out next year, let me know.

wink.gif
John
Kurt,

Thanks for posting your pics. I didn't even know I was on camera. It was good meeting you as well.

Brandt, thanks for the compliments on the car. It's a little rough around the edges, but heck it has been a track only car for the past 18 years.

About next year....

We will just have to wait and see, but if the event is run anything like it was this year, we won't be back. There were some logistical problems with the DE portion of the event that needs to be worked out. There were some pretty disappointed DE folks. Needless to say, if changes aren't made, we will not be attending. (we don't race as we are classed as GT3 and are woefully underpowered and too heavy for that)
brant
Kurt,

we must have the same type of camera...
I always end up getting "half" a picture...
I do want to come back, so I will definitely bug you then.

John, I don't blame you.... but I hope they fix the problems. I would love to see that car it is VERY nice looking.

thanks
brant
MJHanna

The boxster is driven by Noby Takahashi from the Dallas area. I heard the track was very rough and was to be redone starting this week.

The results and lap times are listed here.

http://www.mylaps.com/results/showevent.jsp?id=84417
John
I heard the track was very rough and was to be redone starting this week.

Too true.

The track has been in ill repair for as long as I have been going there (last 11 years). The new owner is investing in the facility and promises that it will be done by fall for some more events. There is one scheduled for October and potentially one in late September (but that one is only tentative).

Too bad the club racing classes are not based somewhat on horsepower. If they were, we might be slightly competative and would join in again.
flesburg
Hello:
Thanks for the nice comments about our car, and for posting the pictures. I am Johnmans dad, and enjoyed talking to you at HP. That car has been a source of much enjoyment. I bought it new in Minnesota in 1974 and we put about 150000 street miles on it before we "discovered" DE events. Since 87 or 88 it has been a dedicated DE car and we now have just as much fun with it even though it only gets used 5 or 6 or 7 times per year. The car is much faster that I am, as John can tell you, but I still have a lot of fun with it.

Nice seeing you, and come back to HP on October 7, 8 or 9th. KC region is having a DE event that weekend, and the track is going to be all new (we have been promised), Alpha "0" is to be lowered somewhere between 18 to 24 inches, and turn one is to be to the right and the carrousel is to be open. It will be wonderful to have a smooth track and a turn 14 that is not full of "lumps".
VegasRacer
Very nice pictures. Thanks for posting them Kurt. I get a kick out of seeing so many cars and drivers I know on a foreign track.

The yellow car was originally from vegas and John Peterson knows it.

Yup. I sure do. I have know that car for 15 years. It is Elvira's sister. Mike and Jenny are great people. At the last event I attended with them I was talking to Mike and Jenny about the car (as usual).
These ducts were what really caught my eye. This passenger side one held the tranny cooler. The other side was open, and just helped to get fresh air in the engine compartment.
Jenny's comment was that the open duct was designed as a place to insert hundred dollar bills. chairfall.gif

QUOTE (Verruckt @ Jul 10 2005, 08:24 PM)
some vintage iron

At the same event that 356 followed me thru traffic for an entire 30 min. practive session. We had a blast. biggrin.gif
Verruckt
QUOTE (flesburg @ Jul 18 2005, 08:34 PM)

Nice seeing you, and come back to HP on October 7, 8 or 9th. KC region is having a DE event that weekend, and the track is going to be all new (we have been promised),

Oh I'll be out there. Any excuse to smell race gas.. biggrin.gif

The new owner must be totally committed to redoing the track, will be nice to get some better events out there too. I'm really suprised about the Runoffs. That guy must be one smooth talker. If he follows through, it should become a topnotch track. We'll see.

Vegas racer... nice pics! I loved that car. I think that guy left after the last sprint race (before lunch). When I was walking around the pits taking pictures he was gone. Looked like a really nice car.
VegasRacer
QUOTE (Verruckt @ Jul 19 2005, 05:02 AM)
Vegas racer... nice pics! I loved that car. I think that guy left after the last sprint race (before lunch). When I was walking around the pits taking pictures he was gone. Looked like a really nice car.

Not to worry. I've got you covered. rolleyes.gif
Your photo would have looked a lot like this.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.