Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: need rubbers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tab914
Not that kind of rubbers. dry.gif

I need the two rubbers that hold the headlight eyelid in place. ( I attached an image for refference.) Somehow mine came off and I lost the eyelid as I was driving and only noticed when I got home. mad.gif I was lucky enough to find it when I backtracked, and no scratches rolleyes.gif . So I was hoping someone might have some spares the could sell me or fill me in on a crafty way to keep the eyelid in place without these rubbers.

Thanks all for looking.

Cheers, Dominic.
boxstr
I have a bunch of the eyebrow rubbers. Send your mailing address.
CCLINRUBBERMAN
ClayPerrine
Besides the rubbers, it's also supposed to have a screw.

(Everyone reading this and laughing has a dirty mind... but then again, so do I!)
boxstr
Everyone I have seen or put together has a total of three rubbers that hold them in place. Never have seen a screw. Unless the PO put it there.
CCLINSCREWMAN
Tab914
I was just going to ask about the screw. I didn't have one when I took it apart for painting.

boxstr I sent you a pm. Thanks alot.

Cheers, Dominic. beer.gif
Eric_Shea
No Rubber - No Screw.

Rubber - Screw.

Never seen no stink'n screw.
ClayPerrine
Betty is the second owner of her car. When she got it, it had a small sheet metal screw in between the two inboard rubbers for the eyebrow piece.

Perry Kiehl has a very low mileage 1.7 in his barn that is all stock. Maybe he can verify the existence of that screw........

boxstr
I have a 22,000 mile 914 at CAMP and there is no screw.
CCLINMATMAN
skline
Nope, no screw, just rubbers.

I am still laughing about this thread and just cant resist...............

You can get a whole box of them for cheap at Planned Parenthood laugh.gif
Tab914
I was waiting for one of those................. dry.gif biggrin.gif
rhodyguy
3 rubber nipples. no screws. the eyebrows have 3 holes. no 4th hole for screws or bolts. 3 input only. rubbers+nipples+holes+screw+input=boner. rocking nana.gif

k
Tab914
Just wanted to extend a public thank you to Craig Laughlin (boxstr) for sending (giving) me the much needed rubbers for my eyelid. Boy that sounds weird. In any case.

Thank you very much Craig. You rock. smilie_pokal.gif

It is very much appreciated.

Cheers, Dominic. beerchug.gif
Allan
I always wear rubbers on my eyelids when I'm either looking at a crack whore or watching Miles tame his goats..... wink.gif
redshift
It's most important that we try to remain on an adult level, and not fathom to the depths of perversion, ALLAN.

Carry on.

sheeplove.gif
rhodyguy
amen.

k
boxstr
You are more than welcome.
Link to HOTROD-A-RAMA
rhodyguy
hijacked.gif . did you check out the website? their "do likes" and "don't likes"? sorry boyd. biggrin.gif

k
TravisNeff
Oh you guys crack me up, ya'll have rubbers but don't get a screw.. chairfall.gif
smooth_eddy
My car has screws but no rubbers. What do the rubbers do? E
rhodyguy
allow you to remove the eyebrows without a screwdriver.

k
TravisNeff
QUOTE (smooth_eddy @ Aug 5 2005, 09:13 PM)
My car has screws but no rubbers. What do the rubbers do? E

prevent you from needing a tetanous shot, lol
SLITS
If you've never had an "eyebrow screw", you're really missing something biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.