Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: LE/Bumblebee on Ebay?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
FlacaProductions
Maybe I'm jumpin the gun here but seller states black was the original color and I maybe see the grey headlight pivot covers?

from the picture of the threshold sticker: 4742915952
strangely, the VIN listed in the ad text is 47429159572

this 4742915952 falls in the correct range, right @JeffBowlsby ?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/203046580425
SirAndy
QUOTE(FlacaProductions @ Jul 12 2020, 09:32 AM) *

this 4742915952 falls in the correct range, right @JeffBowlsby ?

I'm not Jeff, but yes, that car is in the range ...
shades.gif

IPB Image
Olympic 914
What I see is

No Console (think all the LEs had them)

Sail panel vinyl ( LEs didn't have it)

poorsche914
QUOTE(Olympic 914 @ Jul 12 2020, 02:10 PM) *
What I see is

Add to that... no fog light switch, engine is not a 2.0

driving.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Jul 12 2020, 11:51 AM) *

QUOTE(Olympic 914 @ Jul 12 2020, 02:10 PM) *
What I see is

Add to that... no fog light switch, engine is not a 2.0

driving.gif

I’ve seen that a small number of LEs came with sail vinyl but this has chrome trim on the sails where an LE would have painted trim. I agree that it’s not likely an LE.
FlacaProductions
yep - good points, all.....disregard, I guess as far as it being an LE...
JeffBowlsby
This cars VIN is within the LE VIN range, but its not likely a 914LE.

There are many black and white cars on the LE Registry clearly indicating that they are not LE cars, even though within the LE VIN range, I suspect this is one more to add to the list.

Not because it does not have the center console or has Targa vinyl or bright Targa trim - those are easy personalization mods. The grey headlight relay covers only tell us that the car was built in the short period of time where all 914s had grey headlight covers.

No USA LE left the factory with Targa vinyl and bright Targa trim, those were standard 1974 914 elements on all 1974 914s. The center console and other things were options in 1974 and its possible this car never had it.

The advertisement says this is a 2.0L. Obviously not originally, but the engine could have been modified to a 2.0L spec.

This car should be verified with a COA before it is purchased thinking it is an LE, but it looks like a decent standard 914 as it is. I think it is a standard, 1974 non-LE 914, with what was originally a 1.8L engine (assuming that the engine shown is original to the car).

Olympic 914
The seller stated he rebuilt the engine with big bore cylinders, That would make it a 1911 Right ??

Maybe he figured that was close enough to call it a 2.0
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.