Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My "Official" Progress Thread...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Korijo
I have posted numorous "what was done today", but decided to combine them into one "official thread".

My project started in April of 2002. I found a suitable prospect on eBay, and made the hour and a half drive to check her out prior to bidding. Low and behold, the car rested peacefully 2 miles from my best man's house. He and I went through a vigorous inspection. His background was domestic rods. Mine is in VW's. With two semi knowledgeable sleuths, we looked at all the major, visible areas for ssshh... rust. Glad to find only minimal battery tray (typical), and some surface rust in trunk. A little bit more was found after I purchased.
Korijo
Engine shelf and battery tray removed .
Korijo
and replaced
Korijo
Korijo
fender streaching...
Korijo
smash.gif
Korijo
chatsmiley.gif smash.gif
Korijo
rhodyguy
Korijo
Korijo
Most fun days I've had in quite some time. stretching fenders. Metal shaping clinic was a blast. thanks john! smash.gif

more to come...
Root_Werks
I can't wait to see the finished fenders Dave! They looked great even though they weren't done when I had a chance to see them in person. You going to paint it the stock color?
Korijo
firewall repair.
Korijo
dave blackburn
Korijo
little bit o' jenny's remains wink.gif
Korijo
welder.gif
Korijo
Dave & Dave
Korijo
QUOTE (Root_Werks @ Jul 11 2005, 06:09 AM)
You going to paint it the stock color?

gonna be close; gulf colors [blue & orange].
SpecialK
Makin' some serious progress there Dave! smilie_pokal.gif

Now I can add you to the list of people on this board that make me feel like a lazy SOB! biggrin.gif

I got John's DVD, and it's quite detailed, but being there with one-on-one input would've been great! smash.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.