Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: French spec tail light lens....never knew they existed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
raynekat
Spendy little guys if you want them.

Saw this on eBay tonight.
Didn't know there were French spec tail light lens.
Know about the Euro lens, but the French don't have the clear back up light lens built in.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-914-914-6-...QUAAOSwm8hfDP7w
abes914
Wow. I bought my car less than that. Jim Hoyland have a set on his car and it’s a beauty.
jim_hoyland
Got these many moons ago thanks to Joe Sharp... smile.gif
jim_hoyland
Kargeek pic from 2004...
914Sixer
Here you go. $1200 and + $42 shipping. Another dreamer.
Jett
I’ve always liked these...especially with the third light.

bdstone914
I had a new set and sold them for $700.
horizontally-opposed
One traded a pair to Eric Shea for some brake parts and felt he was generous in his trade—still do, but he did just fine when I look at these prices.

They just didn't work on my car, which is red, but I love them on his car. wub.gif
Jett
QUOTE(Jett @ Jul 14 2020, 06:27 AM) *

I’ve always liked these...especially with the third light.

IIRC Bought these off a member for $900. Lots of money but we really like them.
mepstein
I gave away a set at Hershey because I thought they were a homemade piece. Live and learn.
KELTY360
confused24.gif I'm not sure I get it. These don't have a clear lens for the backup light, correct? Our cars are small enough without providing a warning when backing up. What is the rationale behind (see what I did there?) these?
914forme
LOL, Mark I would have paid you $10 for them.
mepstein
QUOTE(914forme @ Jul 14 2020, 11:36 AM) *

LOL, Mark I would have paid you $10 for them.

Yea, a bit of a learning experience but I’ve had more of my share of good deals so I unknowingly passed it forward.

mepstein
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Jul 14 2020, 11:35 AM) *

confused24.gif I'm not sure I get it. These don't have a clear lens for the backup light, correct? Our cars are small enough without providing a warning when backing up. What is the rationale behind (see what I did there?) these?

That’s why I thought mine were homemade. I guess it’s a French thing.
framos914
I guess the French don't like white lights. Headlights used to be yellow also, don't know if that's still the case.
mepstein
QUOTE(framos914 @ Jul 14 2020, 12:36 PM) *

I guess the French don't like white lights. Headlights used to be yellow also, don't know if that's still the case.

Yes. I spent a month in Paris. Yellow lights were a lot friendlier to your eyes and plenty of light for city driving.
burton73
The set on my 6 from back at least to 1985

Bob BClick to view attachment
911GT2
I find it funny that the US guys all like the EU spec lighting (or even french) while to me the 'complete' red us spec tail light on my 914 is the best looking of them all. biggrin.gif And I am from the EU.
Big Len
QUOTE(911GT2 @ Jul 14 2020, 03:48 PM) *

I find it funny that the US guys all like the EU spec lighting (or even french) while to me the 'complete' red us spec tail light on my 914 is the best looking of them all. biggrin.gif And I am from the EU.

It is funny. but I thought US spec tail lights were illegal in Europe.
douglastic
QUOTE(911GT2 @ Jul 14 2020, 11:48 AM) *

Something about greener grass - or wanting what you don't have

Always been true for me with my past Audis - Euro headlamps (no amber) were like a basic requirement to prove you were serious about modding - haha

of which I am guilty
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My aversion to front amber does carry over to the rear
I much prefer the US red/white 914 tails
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.