Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where to find discontinued engine air filter for '70 1.7
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
macnichol
Hi all, I'm looking for an engine air filter for my '70 1.7 liter, can't seem to find it and no place has it in stock. I had ordered a NapaGold Air Filter Part #: FIL 2011 on reading some old threads here but the quality control of those filters is garbage and moreover the top of the airbox wouldn't fit over the top of the filter. Those of you who are 1.7 owners, what do you use? It it easer to just switch to a CAI setup? Thanks all
mark04usa
A stock 1970 1.7 has an oil bath air filter, which is a very effective filtration system. I would suggest that you stick with the setup that was designed for your car. beerchug.gif
mark04usa
Dbl post....
windforfun
This really opened up the engine well.

brant
If it’s a stock housing for a 1970

It is oil bath

Meaning oil is the filter inside the box.
No paper
Works well
mark04usa
agree.gif and the oil bath works much better than the setup seen above beer3.gif
macnichol
QUOTE(brant @ Jul 14 2020, 04:34 PM) *

If it’s a stock housing for a 1970

It is oil bath

Meaning oil is the filter inside the box.
No paper
Works well

Ohhh I see, I was under the misconception that it was something else entirely, thank you so much.
brant
I haven’t had one since around 2003
But they work well

I don’t remember how much the capacity is
So meone on this thread will know
macnichol
QUOTE(brant @ Jul 14 2020, 05:00 PM) *

I haven’t had one since around 2003
But they work well

I don’t remember how much the capacity is
So meone on this thread will know

Gotcha okay, I will for sure need to ask around because the oil fill line on my airbox has worn completely away. Are there any dangers to accidentally overfilling it?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.