Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front Seat Upholstery Kit?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
second wind
Hey Guys....just thinking out loud ifr there is a turnkey way to re-do our seats without starting from scratch? If not....any shops in 818 that you have had great success with? Thank you very much.
gg
BillJ
I know a shop that does GREAT work on the rear seats but is iffy on the front seats. Therefore i wont suggest them.
BillJ
ok that was a joke. It looks like the 914 rubber folks have a great kit for the seats including the original materials. Try them out.
bbrock
The 914Rubber kits are really top notch. I tend to find something to complain about everything I've bought for my build but those kits are really pretty close to flawless.
iankarr
Great timing...I'm working on a DIY front seat video now. Work is getitng in the way, but it should be ready soon!
nditiz1
QUOTE(cuddy_k @ Jul 15 2020, 08:39 PM) *

Great timing...I'm working on a DIY front seat video now. Work is getitng in the way, but it should be ready soon!

@Cuddy_k Excellent Ian, can't wait for the next vid. Why can't you develop content sooner lol
second wind
I cannot find the 914 Rubber offering....could someone please send me the link for the seat covers? They sound really good!! Thank you,
gg
BillJ
https://900designs-container.zoeysite.com/s...-material-set-1 for stock

https://900designs-container.zoeysite.com/b...laid-seat-sale/ for plaid or houndstooth which may have been on your car maybe (at least the plaid option)
Mikey914
We are actually doing another production run of back bolsters making some improvements. We will be out of stock on them til next week.

Have those pesky upholstery clips in stock now.
second wind
Thank you BillJ....thank you for the link...so here is the next question....when you walk into an upholstery shop with with a kit like this do they throw you out? Do tell....bringing a steak to a restaurant type thing....anyone have a story to tell on this? Thank you very much.
gg
ConeDodger
My car is kind of the poster child for 914rubber.com. Here is the seat kits, the backpad kit, the carpet kit, the dashboard, the door panels. By the end of the month, the targa pad will be 914rubber.com. Enjoy!
mepstein
QUOTE(second wind @ Jul 16 2020, 01:26 AM) *

Thank you BillJ....thank you for the link...so here is the next question....when you walk into an upholstery shop with with a kit like this do they throw you out? Do tell....bringing a steak to a restaurant type thing....anyone have a story to tell on this? Thank you very much.
gg

No. A lot of upholstery shops use kits. My friend had a shop do his suburban in leather with a kit. Just talk to them.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
I would send your seats to Agustino at Autos International
Root_Werks
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jul 16 2020, 07:43 AM) *

I would send your seats to Agustino at Autos International

agree.gif

Depending on your budget, I've used Autos International for a couple of 356 restorations. Very high quality.

When it comes time to paint my 914-6 back to it's original color, I plan on getting all new interior from vendors here, 914Rubber, AA etc.
iankarr
QUOTE(nditiz1 @ Jul 15 2020, 11:44 PM) *

QUOTE(cuddy_k @ Jul 15 2020, 08:39 PM) *

@Cuddy_k Excellent Ian, can't wait for the next vid. Why can't you develop content sooner lol

Well... I'd love to create more content, more regularly. Two challenges. 1) I need help to do that...and 2) I need my bumblebee back from paint wink.gif. On the first point, I started a patreon page where people can subscribe for a few bucks a month, and I'll use that dough to bring on some production support. http://patreon.com/iankarr. On the second point, the car is making good progress and I should have it back in August!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.