Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seat: One for a 914, one for a ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ben*james
My driver seat was too snug around the back. Passenger seat felt great. OK - I'll just swap them out.

Enter Murphy.

After getting the seats out - driver side no small feat. Come to think of it - that should have been a hint; I find out that the mounts are different.

The biggest issue, perhaps not showing up in the pictures, the drivers mount is about 1/2 inch wider than the passenger. I can't just swap the tracks out. Bummer.

So - collective wisdom, what exactly am I dealing with here and how could I pull a switch or solve for my wide back and narrow seat issue behind the wheel?

OK, first we'll start with an artistic pic (at least for me). Is this houndstooth?

Click to view attachment
ben*james
Click to view attachment
Here's the driver side mount set up

ben*james
Click to view attachment

Here's the passenger side set up. What I assume is stock and what I"m used to.
ben*james
Click to view attachment

Here's the under side of the seats. Original Driver in front of photo, passenger in rear (and what I assume to be stock set up)

idea.gif
ben*james
Click to view attachment

Finally, so you can see the difference in the seats. The front, driver seat, is a little too narrow for my frame. As the lady selling sport coats said "with an athletic build like that, you really need a Joseph Abboud".

'Fat man in a little coat' is more like it.

Anyway gang, the help you can give is much appreciated. Comments welcome as I sort out this mystery.

Cheers beerchug.gif
-Ben
Chris914n6
Drivers is a typical race car setup.
Pass is stock.

In your case the easiest would be to swap the rails on the seats.

Also looks like your car is a 70-71 with the fixed pass seat originally.

You are missing the tilt/slider base assm and rear pivot mounts on the driver side.
ben*james
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Jul 16 2020, 12:22 AM) *

Drivers is a typical race car setup.
Pass is stock.

In your case the easiest would be to swap the rails on the seats.

Also looks like your car is a 70-71 with the fixed pass seat originally.

You are missing the tilt/slider base assm and rear pivot mounts on the driver side.

Thanks Chris.

Swap the seat rails is worth exploring smile.gif

Yep - it's a 70. It's a six. I thought just the driver side was a mod, but you are right - it probably came with a fixed seat. So both seats are modified! blink.gif

VaccaRabite
They probably put the front tilting rails on the pass side when they changed the driver front seat to a more race oriented setup.

Zach
ben*james
QUOTE(VaccaRabite @ Jul 16 2020, 08:37 AM) *

They probably put the front tilting rails on the pass side when they changed the driver front seat to a more race oriented setup.

Zach

I think that sums it up nicely. It’s not a bad set up but not quite right for me.

Thanks Zach
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.